chapter twelve

i was sitting in the living room next to two-bit, he was watching mickey mouse and i was doodling on a notepad i had found. ponyboy and johnny both walked out of the kitchen and pony ruffled my hair to get my attention. i looked up at him and johnny and him were both smiling as they looked down at me. "we're going now, come on." he said and i nodded as i threw the notepad next to me. i got up and followed pony and johnny out the door.

we all walked around for a little while, it was kind of early to go to the movies. i was walking in front of the boys as they both talked and i just got lost in my thoughts. i looked up at just the right time because when i did i saw dally standing against the street light smoking a cigarette. the boys pushed past me and walked up to dally, "assholes." i jokingly said to them. "what was that?" pony asked me as he looked back. "nothing man." i said and shrugged with a small smile on my face. "we're early." dally said to us. "what do you want to do?" i asked as i pushed through the boys and walked up to dally. he looked me up and down and smirked and i grabbed his cigarette from him, taking a smoke from it. "nothing legal man. let's get out of here." he said and started walking. i walked behind the boys and as we were walking a soc passed us. i accidentally bumped into her, "sorry." i mumbled. she looked back at me and glared at me before continuing to walk away. dally laughed at the encounter and i smiled.