chapter twenty-eight

i woke up the next morning and stretched before getting out of my bed. i had school today and i really didn't wanna go but i had promised ponyboy so i got myself ready.

after i got dressed i went downstairs and was met with my mother in the kitchen packing up her lunch, "morning." i said as i grabbed my sweater and put it on. "goodmorning lucia." my mom said as she zipped up her lunch bag. "have a good day at school." my mom said as she grabbed her lunch and headed out the door.

i had walked to school and when i got there was met with a bunch of soc's walking with their groups of friends, where is pony? i looked around and smiled when i finally caught sight of ponyboy. i ran over to him and he smiled when he saw me. "hey lucia." he said. "hey ponyboy." i smiled back. "you excited for your first day of school?" he asked me. "no." i replied honestly and pony just laughed as we both walked inside.

i could already tell that i would hate it here. as i walked down the hallway i was surrounded by soc's that all gave me dirty looks. i had went to the main office and got all my stuff that i needed and walked back out into the hallway to find my locker.

when i found my locker i shoved my book bag inside and grabbed my binder, stuffing the little slip that had my locker combo into my pencil case hoping that i wouldn't loose it. i had just shut my locker when a girl shoved past me, hitting me with her shoulder. "watch it bitch." she said as she continued to walk away and i flipped her off even though i knew she wasn't looking.