chapter nine

after we had finished we walked out of the diner we headed to the curtis' house. we walked inside to find everyone but darry sitting in the living room watching mickey mouse. "again." i said. two-bit said nothing but just nodded since he was so involved in the show. i rolled my eyes and walked past dally and went into the kitchen. i opened the fridge and looked around for a drink. i had just poured myself a glass of water and took a big sip when i felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso. "i'm busy dally." i told him. he shushed me and started talking in my ear, "listen i just wanted to say you look hot today." he said and smirked. "i'm flattered." i answered, trying my best to cover up the fact that i was extremely flustered. "now get off so i could drink my drink in peace." i said as i turned around now facing dally. he put his hands on the counter behind me and i stood in between him and the counter. i took a sip of my drink and dally smirked, "why'd you gotta be so difficult?" he asked me, speaking lowly. "what do you mean?" i asked as i took another sip of my drink. "you know exactly what i mean." he answered and i just looked him straight in the face. "it's fun." was all i said before i pushed past him and walking into the living room, leaving him alone.

we had spent the rest of the day watching television together. i sat on the couch next to ponyboy and johnny, two-bit sat on the floor by my feet, meanwhile dally stood against the wall the whole time smoking. "i gotta go guys." i said as i stood up. "where you off to?" pony asked me. "i'm gonna see if my mom is home. i haven't really hung out with her lately, she's always been at work." i told everyone. "come over later for dinner, okay?" pony said and i nodded before walking out the door, passing dally.

i walked inside my house to find my mom sitting on the couch in her pajamas watching television. "hi mom." i quietly said as i walked up to her. "hey lucia." she said as she looked up to me. "where you been?" she asked me but i could tell she didn't really care. "with my friends." i answered. "okay well i work later so we can't eat together sorry." she told me, she is always at work, i thought to myself. "there are leftovers in the fridge." she told me and i nodded, "it's fine i'm gonna eat with my friends." i told her and she nodded. we both sat their awkwardly for a little bit and i couldn't take it anymore, "okay have a good night mom." i said sadly as i walked upstairs.

i walked into my room and looked around at my messy room, i barely was here but it was somehow messy. i decided that i was going to clean up my room so i did. when i finished i dug into my dresser drawer and got out my cigarettes, i didn't care if it wasn't gonna help my headache, i really needed one right now.