chapter eleven

a month had passed since then and dally had been in jail for robbing some store and getting caught. i haven't talked to him since then but he should be getting out next month. i was hanging out in my bedroom, my mother and i haven't really hung out much at all and i honestly stopped trying to. i sat on my bed as i smoked and read gone with the wind, i remember that ponyboy had been talking about it one day so i ended up getting it.

i started to get bored so i folded the page i had left off on and closed the book. i kept the cigarette in my mouth as i put my sneakers on and quickly looked at myself in the mirror before leaving.

i was walking down the street quietly talking to myself as i smoked the same cigarette as earlier. i started to get bored so i walked over to the curtis' house and went inside. when i walked inside everyone said hello to me before they went back to what they were doing.

i was in the kitchen when we heard commotion outside everyone ran outside but i stayed on the porch, ponyboy was getting beat up by the soc's. i would go up to help him but the last time i did i got punched in the face and the boys said that they didn't want me to help so i didn't get hurt again. i stood outside and waited for them on the porch to come back.

i saw them heading back, pony was a little beaten up but was fine overall. i was about to head back inside when i caught a glance of dally, dally is back? i turned around and walked up to the boys, "you good pony?" i asked pony, ignoring dally who was leaned up against a broken car, "yeah just a little cut but it's nothing." pony replied. "oh ok good do you need a bandaid or something?" i asked him. "i'm good, thanks lucia." he said and smiled.

"you're just gonna ignore me?" dally called to me. "maybe." i yelled back. i walked up to him and he smirked at me, "you're so stupid." i told him referring to the fact that he got caught. "aw i miss you too." dally replied. i leaned against the fence and he stood in front of me. "i got out early on good behavior." he told me speaking lowly and i nodded. "i would've thought you would miss me." he said and rolled his eyes. "eh honestly it was kind of nice without you here." i jokingly said with a smile on my face. he glared at me and i quietly laughed, i grabbed his face gently and he looked up at me, "i'm joking of course i missed you." i told him. "those guys are no fun." i told him. "i know man." he answered and i dropped my hand from his face.

we both walked over to the boys and dally asked everyone if they wanted to come to the drive in with them. "little kids are allowed." he said as he looked over at pony and johnny. he then walked out of the yard slamming the gate shut, "bye guys." he said and i was about to walk away but dally grabbed my arm gently and i turned around. "come with us to the movies okay?" he told me. "fine." i said. "good. i will see you later man." he told me and i nodded.