chapter fourteen

the movie had finished and we all walked out of the drive in, two-bit had joined us at some point in the middle of the movie. "listen i'm gonna go home guys." i lied as i started to walk backwards. "bye lucia!" they yelled. i waved goodbye to them and turned around and headed to bucks place.

i walked up the door and knocked on it waiting for someone to open it, they were having a party so i wasn't sure if they would hear but i still waited. buck finally opened the door and i put on a fake smile, "you here for dallas?" he asked me. "sort of." i said. "okay come in." he said and i walked past him. i didn't go upstairs to see dally, i instead just stayed downstairs and walked to the bar to get a drink. i got a bottle of beer and sat down at the bar as i took a drink of it.

i had just finished the bottle and was about to ask for another bottle when i felt a hand on my shoulder and i turned around, "what are you doing here man?" dally asked me. he was shirtless and looked like he had just been sleeping. "nothing i just wanted a drink." i said and shrugged before taking a sip of the beer. "where are johnny and ponyboy?" he asked me and i faced him. "they went back home, two-bit was with them so i'm sure they're fine." i said and shrugged and took another sip of the beer.

dally was about to say something but buck walked up to him. "some guys named ponyboy and johnny are here for you." buck told dally. what the hell are they doing here, i thought to myself. "come on man." dally said as he patted my back signaling for me to come with him to see what was wrong. i got up, leaving the beer at the bar and walked behind him. "what do you guys want?" dally asked as he opened the door. "johnny killed a soc." ponyboy said. "what?" i said more than asked. "alright good for you. let's go." dally casually said. "we thought you could get us out, if anyone could." johnny said. "i'm sorry to interrupt you guys with.." ponyboy started. "no we weren't doing anything it's fine." i answered and i saw dally smirk. "let me see what we can do, get in." dally said as he grabbed the boys, i moved out of the way. i walked behind the boys and followed them up to dally's room.