chapter twenty

i sitting next to ponyboy and the man from the church, my hands were shaking and dirty from when i was with ponyboy. i was trying my best to calm down but i just couldn't. i stared down at the scar i had on my wrist that i had from when i had to get stitches a few years ago. i heard people walking over and the sound of wheels so i looked up and was met with johnny, he looked terrible. the doctors rushed him away and i was then met with with dally, "if you ever pull another stunt like that again, i'll kill you." he said as he pointed at ponyboy. he looked bad but he was nowhere near as bad as johnny.

when they had both passed i saw sodapop and darry walking down the hall. i sat back down and ponyboy ran towards them. they were all hugging and smiling. i really wanted my mom to be here, i thought to myself. right when i thought that i saw my mom walking down the hallway, i didn't run up to her i just slowly walked up to her. she held her arms out and i finally broke down, i cried in my mom's arm, i didn't care if pony, soda, and darry were there i couldn't take it anymore, i really couldn't. "let's go home." was all my mom said and i simply just nodded.

when we got home i took a bath, i was completely numb and just couldn't cry anymore even though i really wanted to. i immediately fell asleep after my shower.

an: i added the wrist scar because i have one and i always just like stare at it when i'm nervous because well it's a scar and so it has textures LOL IT SOUNDS WEIRD BUT I DO IT