chapter seven

ten minutes, give or take, had past and i was honestly starting to feel a little better when i felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. i turned around and punched whoever it was who was touching me, not really thinking to look first. "fuck lucia." dally said as he held his face. "oh my god i'm sorry." i said as i grabbed dally's face and rubbed his cheek. "it's fine." dally grumbled back and i let go. "hey at least i know you know how to protect yourself." he said and smirked and i just continued walking. "i'm so hungover man." he told me as he caught up to me and started walking next to me. "same i took some tylenol earlier but it didn't help much." i told him. "do cigarettes help hangovers?" i asked him. "probably." dally said and shrugged. "alright well do you want one?" i said offering dally one. "obviously." he said and grabbed one out of my pack before i put back in my pocket.

dally and i had walked together for a while, he basically just flirted with me the whole time. "let's go to the DX." i said as i saw it down the street. "ugh why." dally answered. "if you don't wanna come don't." i told him and shrugged. "i will go have fun with soda and steve without you." i told him before i started to walk away. "alright fine i will come." he said and threw his cigarettes on the floor before grabbing my hand. i turned around, "well hurry up." i said and started speed walking to the DX, dally struggled to keep up with me the whole walk there.

when we got inside the DX dally and started up his flirting, "can't you just deal with that fact that you're never getting with me?" i asked. "no." he answered and grabbed my waist, gently pulling me so that i faced him. "i know i'm amazing but sorry you can't have me." i sarcastically said as i blew the cigarette smoke into his face making him cough. i just laughed at him, "you're so perfect yet so horrible." he told me. "i know." i said and smiled. "likewise." i said and winked. "can you two stop flirting and just get over here." sodapop yelled from the counter. "don't you guys have work to do or something?" i asked him as i started to walk up to them, dally trailed behind me. "business is slow today for some reason." steve answered. "sucks." i said and took another puff of my cigarette, blowing the cigarette out of my mouth but looking down at the floor so that i didn't get it in anyone's face. i looked back up at everyone who were talking and soda grabbed the cigarette out of my mouth and threw it outside. "what the fuck." i said snapping at him. "no smoking inside the shop." he said and shrugged. "what you let me do it all the time." i said annoyed before i looked over to dally who was smoking, "and look at him, he is smoking." i said. "eh you're banned from smoking for today." soda said and shrugged. "sorry sweetheart." dally said as he blew the cigarette smoke into my face. i pushed him away from me before i looked back over to soda, "you said you had a bad hangover right?" soda asked me. "yeah?" i answered. "smoking ain't gonna help." he told me and steve laughed. "whatever." i said and groaned and dally just smirked at me.

an: "you're so perfect yet so horrible" is something my friend once told me and so i decided to add it into this book! -shoutout to vanessa