chapter thirteen

we had spent our time doing a bunch of random things and it was finally time to go and watch the movie. we all snuck through the fence and started walking to the seats. we had passed a couple fighting and i couldn't help but feel bad for the girl even though she was obviously a soc. i wasn't about to get involved though so i just walked past them.

the boys all hoped over the fence and i just ended up going under it because i was too lazy. i sat in between dally and ponyboy and as soon as i leaned back dally had put his arm around my shoulder. "stop." i said as i pushed his arm off. "what? you know you like it." he said with a smirk on his face. "i really don't. you do realise i'm not interested in you dallas?" i asked him and he just rolled his eyes and finally left me alone.

two soc girls walked over to us and sat in the seats in front of us, i realised that it was the girls that were arguing with their boyfriends. "you sure you want to do this?" i heard one of them ask the other. "i came to see a movie and i'm gonna see a movie!" the other girl responded. i sat back a little bit and tried to focus my attention on the movie when ponyboy spoke up. "i'm freezing." he said as he shivered. i looked over to him and smirked, "why didn't you bring a coat stupid?" i asked him. "i forgot." he quietly answered and i said nothing back and just tried to refocus my attention back onto the movie.

"some cute redhead." dally said before he sat up and moved his face closer to the girl. "are you a real redhead?" he asked the girl. "are you real?" he said as he pushed his face against hers. i rolled my eyes at his attempts to flirt with her and tried my best to block out his annoying voice.

johnny had got up and i moved my feet so he could walk past me, "i'm gonna get a coke." he told us and i only nodded. i was starting to get annoyed, "leave her alone." i told dally but he just ignored me. "better leave us alone or i'll call the cops." the girl angrily said. "you got me scared to death. what am i gonna do lucia?" he asked me. "don't get me involved with this." i answered with a straight face before going back to watching the movie.

the redhead girl had yelled at dally's face and he left annoyed but i knew he was gonna come back to keep on annoying her, he always does. "you gonna start now too?" she mostly asked the boys and they both nodded their heads no. "you don't look the type anyways." she said. "what's your name?" she asked them and i reached into my pocket and grabbed a cigarette out, lighting it. "this is johnny," he said as he pointed at johnny. "and that's lucia." he said and i looked up from my cigarette and smiled at the girls and they both smiled back. "i'm ponyboy curtis." he told them. "that's an original name." the redhead said. "my dad was an original person. i've got a brother named sodapop." he answered. "it says so on his birth certificate." he told them and i slightly smiled to myself as i took another puff of the cigarette. "my names sherry, but my friends call me cherry because of my hair." cherry told us.

they had been talking for a little while when i heard a voice, "i thought this might cool you off." i looked up and it was dally, i to;d you that he always comes back. "maybe that will cool you off until you learn to be decent." cherry said and splashed the coke into dally's face. i covered my mouth to try and hide my laughs. "fiery, huh?" dally said as he leaned into cherry. she tried to push her away and i decided that it was enough, "get off her dallas." i said. he only glanced at me before continuing to harass cherry. "leave her alone." johnny spoke up. "what did you say?" dally replied. "come on, you heard me. leave her alone." johnny said as he stood up. cherry pushed dally off her and dally looked up johnny, "what did you say, you little shit?" he said. "come on." johnny pleaded. "wise ass." dally said as he angrily got up and left. "sorry about him." i told cherry. "it's not your fault." she answered.