Chapter 20

Kai's POV

"And after nearly 3 months, the team is finally reunited," my girlfriend smiles at the scene in front of her. The ten of us, with the addition of Harumi, are all sitting in the lab together. The girls, with the exception of Chamille who is off to the side being tended to by Zane, are standing in the middle of the room in a group hug.

"And we're ready to kick those psychopaths' asses," Seliel declares, making the rest of the girls lightly laugh.

"We're happy to have all of you on our side this time," I tell them all, and the rest of the guys nod in agreement.

"Sensei must be so proud of us for listening to him. 'The best way to defeat an enemy is to make them your friend', and that's precisely what we did," Jay places his hands on his hips.

"Where is Sensei? He should probably be in here," Cole asks.

"He's extra weak right now, so he's napping," Lloyd explains.

When Sensei pulled me aside to talk to me once I got back, I expected him to congratulate me in bringing Skylor back, not tell me that he's dying. It was a hard blow, knowing that I'm going to lose the person who brought me to the only family I had for a long time, but the situation right now helps defer attention away from it.

"So boys, what's the plan to defeat Mara?" Skylor asks us.

"We only have a vague one, but you all can elaborate on it later," Lloyd starts, finally accepting that they're on our side. "We need you four to pretend to escort us to Mara with fake vengestone. We'll need to get close enough to steal the gemstone, and once we do, Kai, Jay, Zane, and Cole will shoot their powers into it and destroy it. That'll cause Mara to instantly be sent back to her prison realm, but it'll also knock the four of them unconscious. We'll need to detain Ciara, and then my dad and Wu can banish her to a prison realm just like her sister, so she'll never get out."

"Do you guys know where the keeps the emerald?" Cole asks. All four of the girls who have seen her with the emerald shake their heads.

"We need to know where it is before we go in. Are any of you not in immediate danger going back? I know Skylor can't because she'd need to bring Kai with her, and we don't know what Mada will do to him or how fast she'll do it," Lloyd tries to form a more solid plan.

"If Seliel goes back, she could easily get killed. If Mara is mad at her, there's no way that'll turn out good," Skylor informs him, and Seliel nods in agreement.

"Once Chamille is feeling a bit better, her and I can return to the palace in an attempt to decrease suspicion. The two of us will also locate the emerald, and I will communicate with Zane via our shared network," PIXAL tells us. Chamille nods in the background.

"Great. Kai, can you forge us some fake vengestone handcuffs?" Lloyd turns to me, expectantly.

"Not here, but if I go back to my old house I can," I answer honestly. Without a forge, I can't create anything.

"I'll go with you. It's not safe for any of you to go anywhere alone," Skylor offers.

"Jay and Nya should go along too. Nya's powers can help speed up the forging process. Cole, Seliel, Zane, and I will hold down the fort here," he instructs.

"I'm proud of you, son," at the sound of one of our master's voices, we all whip around. Garmadon is standing near the doorframe. "I see you all have united, just like your parents did years ago. Wu and I, we are proud of you all."

---

"So, what am I supposed to do?" Nya asks as the four of us walk into the forge at our old house. Right before, the two of us stopped by our mom and dad's graves while Jay and Skylor got some food for us. The two of them are now sitting off to the side, quietly talking while trying not to disturb us.