Chapter 8

Nya's POV

"We're out of the city, finally," Jay breathes heavily, his hands on his knees. All of us are winded, but at least no one spotted us.

"And we thought the amount of people looking for us at the museum was bad," Cole adds.

"I was right," Kai realizes something out of nowhere.

"Yeah, crab cakes aren't real cake," Jay agrees, but Kai shoos him off.

"No, not that. At the museum, I did hear something! It was the girls. They were there stealing the Helmet of Shadows, so Mara could control the stone army!" Kai announces before letting out a groan. "They were right under our noses."

"Who were we to know though?" Jay brings up, standing up straight before stretching out his back.

"Um, guys, I have 47 missed calls from Zane and several text messages," Cole says, looking at his phone that he just turned on. "He says to call him, so they can bring the Bounty over."

---

The four of us walk into the common room, and as we do so, Lloyd seems to loosen up a bit, but he's still tense as he holds his phone up to his ear.

"Hello. Garmadon informed us that he will pick up Misako and come here with her and Wu, so we can temporarily move away from the city," Zane greets us.

"What's wrong, Green Bean? Like, I know that Mara is here, but you weren't even near this stressed last time " Cole asks, sitting on the couch next to an agitated Lloyd.

"Did you watch the news? Both the emperor and empress got murdered, and now Rumi won't answer her phone," he says, his voice strained. "I was on the phone right before I passed out. If only I told her, then maybe..."

"No, this isn't your fault. Mara and Ciara are the evil ones here, not you," Kai tells him sternly. He walks over to Lloyd, sitting down on the side Cole isn't, and gives Lloyd a hug. "Don't you think they'd publicize it if they killed her? They would use it as a political advantage. She probably escaped." I take the two person couch adjacent to them, and Jay follows, taking the seat next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

Every muscle in my body is tense, from my head to my toes, and his touch helps me relax. Seeing my sisters on that screen shook me to my core, and adding onto the fact that we're significantly underpowered in regards to Mara and all of her forces, the stress is toxic. Having Jay next to me lessens the load.

"You're right, but I still need some validation to make sure she's safe," he sighs, looking down at his phone.

"I knew you and the princess were friends, but I didn't know you were this close of friends," Jay admits. Cole nods in agreement.

"I've been meaning to tell you all; there just hasn't been a good time. Rumi isn't just my friend, she's...she's my girlfriend," he tells us all, a bit bashful.

"You got a girlfriend before Cole! Good job," Kai congratulates him.

"Hey!"

"I won't anymore if she's dead..." Lloyd sighs, looking down at his hands.

"Knowing Mara, she'd want to flaunt every kill. If Harumi wasn't shown, she's most likely safe," I try to comfort him, but it comes out a bit awkward.

A silence fills the room, something I've learnt that is very uncommon with these boys. Lloyd looks down at his phone, waiting for a response. Both Kai and Cole are on their phones. Zane sits in a chair by himself, most likely running some sort of analysis. Jay rests his head on my shoulder while playing with my fingers.