Chapter 23

(A/N: Part 1 of a double update! Enjoy!)

Nya's POV

Sitting in the common room, all of the ninja and my sisters, with the exception of Chamille, are relaxing. After Wu, Lloyd, and Garmadon trapped Ciara in her own prison realm, we all came back here while Misako delivered Harumi to Kryptarium Prison. The boys were still unconscious, with the exception of Lloyd. Skylor passed out from her injuries, but with the help of healing tea, everyone is back on their feet again.

It's strange knowing that Mara and Ciara are gone forever. Even after I escaped them, I knew they would come back, but now they won't, and I'm relieved. I'm relieved that I'll never have to look into their soulless eyes again, never have to hear their shrill voices again. I'm free. We all are.

There's something in the air today though, something is different than the other days. This morning, I went out to get breakfast and the boys were all talking quietly around the kitchen table way earlier than they'd all be up. As soon as they saw me, they immediately stopped talking, something that is truly a feat for my boyfriend. When I asked both him and my brother about it, they had tight lips.

"Will you tell me now?" I whisper in Jay's ear as he plays a game on his phone, ignoring the news that we're supposed to be watching.

"You're beautiful," he looks up at me briefly, giving me a small smile, before looking back down at his phone.

"I meant about what you were talking about with the guys earlier," I tap on his shoulder, each moment of contact sending a new shock through my body.

"Hmmm?" he acts oblivious.

"Jay," I try to get him to look up at me. When he does, I look into his bright blue eyes, giving him a look that I know makes him cave in. "Please tell me."

"Shoot, not that look," he says, covering his eyes with his hands. I grab his wrists and move them out of the way.

Jay looks up at Lloyd, giving him a look, before Lloyd turns off the news and stands in front if the tv. He's wearing casual clothes just like the rest of us, a green t shirt and jeans. "The guys and I have been thinking, and we wanted to thank you all for putting so much at risk to help us. All of you have done so much for Ninjago, and we really wanted to do something to make it up to you all."

"We've all told you guys that it's..." Skylor starts before Lloyd interrupts her.

"We've been working really hard, and we've found out where your fathers are. If you all want to see them today, then we'll take you to them."

At the news, my eyebrows furrow as my heart slightly sinks. My father is dead, and he has been for multiple years now. If this wasn't a secret for me, then Jay would've told me what it was, but it's impossible to be for me.

"I have something special planned for you, too," Jay whispers in my ear, clarifying my thoughts. "It's not the same as the others', but I still think you'll like it."

"Is Chamille going to come back today?" Lloyd asks Skylor. She looks a bit shocked from the news.

"No, she told me this morning that she wants to explore Ninjago for a bit."

"Alright, then I'll stay back here. The three of you," Lloyd gestures over to Seliel, Skylor, and PIXAL, "can start to get ready whenever you want."

"H-how did you find them?" Seliel asks, completely shocked.

"Let's just say the police station owes us more than a couple of favors."

---

PIXAL's POV