Chapter 22

Zane's POV

PIXAL and I stand on opposite sides of the street in front of Borg Tower. In one hand, she is holding the fake vengestone handcuffs that Kai forged. The other is balled into a fist.

"You will not get away, Zane. Not this time," she warns me, loudly as to catch the attention of people walking by. It works. The pedestrians turn their heads to face us.

"Mara's reign ends today," I shoot ice out of my hands towards PIXAL. She dodges it, jumping in the leftward direction. Careful to avoid the pedestrians, I aim my ice to make her jump from one location to the other. Unbeknownst to the citizens, I am also allowing her to slowly relocate herself closer and closer to me.

She jumps with grace, her actions distracting me from my task for several seconds. When she finally gets close enough, my ice missing her every time for the sake of the mission, she throws the cuffs around one of my wrists, and I feign that my powers stopped working. I jut my hand out in front of me to make it appear like I am attempting to shoot ice. Then, she jumps over me and clasps the other one behind my back.

"Mara will be pleased."

---

Ciara's POV

"Something is wrong, sister," I look up at my sister as she lounges on her throne.

"Why must you worry so much? I'm the older one. It's my job, and I don't see anything to be worried about. Skylor is coming back today, and while I didn't really miss her, she brings the master of fire with her, and Chamille and PIXAL are both out getting elemental masters. We'll have several of them in our grasp. It signifies the beginning of the end. Once I have their powers, I'll kill them in a foul swoop," she explains to me as if I'm dumb. I roll my eyes at her.

"When Chamille and PIXAL came back from the hospital, they said Chamille was healed by a tea, but the hospital uses artificial remedies and chemicals to heal, not tea. They were somewhere else where she was healed, and I'm guessing that place is with the other elemental masters," I explain to her slowly and concisely. She looks down at me, the wrinkles in her forehead deepening.

"Do you believe that Skylor is working with them, too?" she tries to keep her cool, one of her fingers running down the armrest of her throne.

"The master of fire did save her life the first time the girls visited here. He easily could have worked his way in. We both know what those masters of fire can do," I think back to when Maya betrayed us the last time we were trying to collect the gemstones.

"So we steal their powers too and kill them as well. There is no chance for opposition then," my older sister cracks her knuckles. My eyes widen.

"We should wait until we are certain that they're betraying us. They are your daughters, after all," I inform her, but she just rolls her eyes.

"These girls are not my daughters. I had you murder my daughters almost 20 years ago. These are fickle replacements for them. Libber, Lilly, Sarah, Maya, and Amber are the girls I raised and took care of. I did nothing for these new girls besides teach them to be warriors because I knew that my love did nothing to stop the last generation from turning on me," she sharply corrects me, her jet black eyes glaring at me. "I have no remorse for these back stabbers."

"If you steal their powers, you will possess all of the elements besides creation and destruction," I inform my sister, who nods in response.

"You mentioned that Garmadon has a son?"

"Lloyd is the spitting image of his father, except a blonde."

"And he is the one who killed father?"