Chapter 12

Nya's POV

"Nya, we really should take a break," Jay says from behind me. Ever since I've been better, I've been working nonstop on this machine. The blueprints took a while to figure out, and now we're in the process of actually building the machine. Since we don't have the luxury of being able to go to the store to find new parts, we had to pick everything up from Jay's parents' junkyard.

"In a couple of minutes," I dismiss his suggestion, tightening one of the bolts.

"You've said that for the past four hours," he sighs from behind me. I shrug, continuing my work.

"That's four hours closer to having it done then, isn't it?" I reply, switching to the other side of the machine. He follows me.

"But overworking yourself can exhaust you for when it's actually ready," he informs me. Once again, I shrug.

"But then we'll have PIXAL on our side, so it'll be worth it," I say, wiping some sweat off my brow.

Suddenly, I feel a pair of arms snake around my waist, my back pressed against my boyfriend's firm chest. The gentle prickle of his electricity touches every inch of my body, making me close my eyes and lose focus on the machine. His lips gently press against my neck before he nuzzles his head against it.

"Even Zane is taking a break, and he's a nindroid for goodness sake. We can handle being away from this for an hour or two," Jay tells me, his breath hot on my neck.

"Fine, we can take a break," I cave in. I set the wrench I was using down and spin around in his grip, so I'm now facing him.

"Let's get out of here. If I look at that machine for another minute, my head is gonna explode," Jay suggests, making a small laugh escape my lips.

"I couldn't agree more," I say, thankful for the fact that he got me to put down my tools. Taking his calloused hand in mine, the two of us leave the small room we had been working in. We walk through the hallway.

"It always feel so quiet around here now. It's unnerving," Jay shivers. "Kai's gone, and Lloyd and Cole are gone most of the time. Even though Wu, Garmadon, and Misako are here, they're awfully quiet. Zane prefers to work in silence, and even though I can talk to a wall for hours, I've been trying to refrain so people can focus more, but hey, things will get back to normal soon, they always do."

"What if this time is different though?" I ponder.

"I...I don't like thinking like that, because if this is going to be the destruction of Ninjago as we know it, I'd, selfishly, rather be blissfully ignorant that it's the end than know," he admits, running his free hand through his hair.

The two of us walk into the small room Jay and I added onto the Bounty for me to sleep in. There's not much, just a small bed, a mirror, and a small closet, but even that is a luxury on this ship considering all of the boys have to share a room. I close the door behind us.

"Well, if Ninjago is going to be destroyed, there's no one else who I'd rather be beside," I tell him, facing him now. I look up and into his eyes before my eyes trail down to his lips. My words put a smile on his lips. I reach up, wrapping my arms around the nape of his neck.

"I feel the same way," he reassures me. Standing on my tiptoes, I press my lips against his, sending a shock through me. It makes me slightly gasp before continuing to kiss him. I run my hands through the bottom of his auburn hair, feeling it's softness in between my fingertips.

The two of us move to sit on the bed mid kiss. Our lips stay connected the entire time. The attraction between us is strong. My body aches for his, wanting to be as close as possible. My hands run up his arms, feeling the curvature and firmness of his biceps and deltoids.