Chapter 18

Ciara's POV

"Mara, I..." I walk into the room. My older sister immediately lifts her hand, signaling me to be quiet.

"I'm meditating," she informs me. She's sitting cross legged on her throne.

"This is important..."

"Shhhhh!" she shushes me with her middle finger. "My true love would always meditate, and doing it makes me feel closer to him."

"I'm sure it does, but..." she sends a dark orb hurling towards me. I dodge it with ease, "The girls are lying to us."

This seems to catch her attention. One eye flickers open,"Excuse me?"

"Chamille and Seliel are rarely apart, and I hadn't seen them together at all today, so I got suspicious. I reviewed the security cameras for the palace. There's footage of Seliel teleporting through the wall into the city. While normally only punishing Seliel would be the right choice, Chamille has been walking around pretending to be her. They're going behind our backs. What for, I don't know," I explain, slowly watching the anger increase on my sister's face. Her pale fingers curl up in a ball, a black liquid beginning to ooze from them.

"Is Seliel back now?"

"Not to my knowledge."

"Kozu, go collect Chamille and PIXAL. I have some words for them," she cracks her neck.

"But we don't know if PIXAL..."

"We rule with a tight fist. The girls are one entity. If one makes a mistake, all pay. Speaking of that, where the hell is Skylor! She went on her mission to collect the master of fire such a long time ago! I told you that she was incapable of such a task," my sister seethes, the black liquid from her hands dripping and creating pools of darkness on the ground.

"Last time I checked in with her, the master of fire was trying to show her the locations of other elementals, and after she realized none of the leads were legitimate, she accidentally ran over a bear trap and her tire was torn to shreds," I explain.

"A bear trap? How dumb is this girl?" she throws her head back. Slowly, I watch Chamille and PIXAL walk into the room. Both girls appear mildly scared.

Mara shrugs off her fur coat she was wearing, revealing her bony arms. "Where is Seliel?"

"She's having stomach problems. She..."

"Do not lie to me!" a dark object resembling a tentacle emerges from my sister, striking Chamille across the cheek. She lets out a shriek of pain, her hand flying to her face. PIXAL's face quickly becomes distressed.

"She...she had a time sensitive lead on one of the ninja and wanted to peruse it. She didn't know if it would take too much time to ask, so she just did it," she admits, looking down at her hand that has her blood from her cheek smeared all over it.

"Did you girls not understand that everything must go through me and that you are not permitted to leave this palace unless under my orders?"

"Yes we understand, Mother," PIXAL answers, her head hung low in shame.

"No, you clearly don't," Mara takes several steps closer to them. "Do you know how much work it is having five daughters? I've poured all of my love and adoration into you for what, for you to lie to me and betray me? Nya is lucky I haven't been able to locate her."

"We would never..."

"You will not go behind my back ever again, or else the consequences will be dire. Here, I'll give you a little preview," suddenly, the same black tentacles that struck Chamille reappear. This time, the two each find a way down PIXAL and Chamille's throats, suspending them in the air from the inside out.