Chapter 3

*several days later*

Jay's POV

"So it just...broke?" Nya asks, her eyebrows raised. The Ultrasonic Radar sits on the edge of the road on the main road heading out of the city. Luckily for us, no one has driven past, or else the paparazzi would be here in minutes.

"That's what Kai and Lloyd said at least. This's what we get for trusting them with getting the groceries," I say, looking at the flying ship hovering over us where our teammates now are.

"I'm going to check the engine," she tells me, walking to the front of the vehicle.

"I'll check the back engine," I say, jogging to the backside of the radar. When I press the button next to it, the hood pops open. I examine the engine. Everything seems in working condition.

"How did they manage to do this?" I hear Nya sigh from the front. When I go over to see what's wrong, I'm met with a cloud of smoke that wasn't there before the hood was popped. I waft it out of my face.

"They did not," I sigh. I walk through the smoke and look in the compartment that holds the engine. When I see exactly what I think I'm going to see, I groan. Reaching in cautiously, I pull out a loaf of bread, the plastic wrapping around it melted both onto the bread and onto the ventilation. "How many times do I have to tell them this isn't storage?"

"They've done this before?" she asks, a hand on her hip. The sight temporarily pulls me out of the situation we're in, my focus only on her. I quickly try to snap out of it.

"No, but they almost have multiple times, and every time I tell them that, but I guess this time they forgot again," I sigh, swatting my hand above the engine in an attempt to clear some of the smoke.

"They completely destroyed the ventilation," Nya observes, looking at the now sealed off vents. "We really have our work cut out for us."

"Hey, at least it means we can have some alone time without the rest of the guys," I bring up, putting a little smirk on her face.

"Does it now?" before I can process her words, Nya grabs the collar of my shirt, pulling me closer, so our lips collide. Her hands trail up until they reach the back of my head, running her fingers through my hair. My hands find their way to her waist, pulling her closer to me.

"Get a room!" a voice above us yells, causing us to break apart. "Actually, now that I think about it, don't do that."

I turn my head, looking up at the Bounty. Kai is sitting on the edge of the deck in a chair. In his hand, he has some sort of water bottle while his phone rests in the other.

"What are you doing, Kai?" Nya says loudly up to him, exasperated as her hands rest on my shoulders, her touch making my heart flutter.

"Well, someone has to make sure there aren't any mini Jay's walking around any time soon," he crosses his arms. Nya rolls her eyes.

"Jay and I have been dating for all of five days," she defends us.

"Hey, I don't know how fast things are progressing. You're clearly already a bit handsy and touchy."

"If you care so much about what's happening down here, you can come down and fix it yourself, considering you were the one that caused it in the first place," Nya suggests sassily. At her suggestion, Kai stands up.

"I...um...Lloyd needs help putting away groceries," he quickly scurries off, taking his phone with him. Nya shakes her head.

"He really is something else," she says, more to herself, before peering back into the compartment. The smoke has died down a bit, so it's easier to see. "We need a completely new ventilation system and some more coolant to go in the engine."