Chapter 6

A/N part 2 of a double update! If you haven't read chapter 5 DO SO NOW

Skylor's POV

When we approach Mother and Auntie with the helmet in our possession, smiles cross their faces. Behind them, stone giants tower. There's so many of them that I can't see further into the tunnel. 

"Great job, girls," Auntie says, impressed. Her hands are folded neatly in front of her.

"Some of the guardians were there, coincidentally," I tell them as we near, still several feet away.

"They didn't spot you, right?" Auntie asks, her eyes wide.

"No. Nya was also with them," I add the last part a bit quieter.

"Well, she's made her side clear," Mother says before sticking out her hand. "Now give me the helmet."

I hand over the helmet, but as I do so, her hand grazes over mine. The same darkness that flooded me the day I got burnt as a child fills me again. It causes my whole body to hurt, to ache. Nausea fills my stomach as the strength of the powers increase.

My head is flooded with sharpness, and I shut my eyes, my hands flying up to my temples. Her powers explore my entire body, causing pain wherever they touch. When the pain becomes too overwhelming, I drop to my knees.

It all goes away when I feel a hand on my hand, and I'm filled with a wispy feeling, a sign that Seliel is the one touching me. The pain is gone in an instant. That's at least until I feel a foot collide with my stomach, sending me backwards. I hit my head against the ground as I tumble backwards. 

"How dare you take my powers you leech!" Mother screams at me as my head throbs. I immediately grab the back of my head, rolling over.

"Mara, Mara, relax," I watch as Auntie pulls her away from me, placing herself between the two of us. "Skylor didn't mean to."

"I'm not going to let her ruin my day of victory," Mother brushes Auntie away. "We march." She delicately places the helmet on her head. Once it makes contact with her scalp, the warriors behind her look at her. As she walks forwards, they do too. "Oh, get up. I barely touched you. I always knew you were the weakest." She glares at me the entire time I'm in her sight.

Once she walks past, Seliel and PIXAL help me up. Feeling slightly dizzy, I walk with them to the palace, below the palace, more specifically. We purposely trail behind Mother and Auntie so I don't have to deal with Mother's wrath.

"You are not a leech, Skylor," PIXAL tells me, sincerely. "You are an amazing asset to the team, and an even more amazing sister."

"Thank you, PIX," I give her a small smile. We walk the rest of the way, falling into casual conversation. Once we reach underneath the palace, Auntie signals for us to join them further up. We walk up to them slowly.

Once we do so, the warriors start punching at the tunnel above us. They break through the ceiling, exposing us to the commotion above us. Seliel teleports us up to the surface where dozens of people run away, screaming. We quickly look around, looking for any sign of the royal family. Mother and Auntie said that it was imperative that they don't escape.

"Find them!" Mother commands. Both us and the army dart off, trying to appease her. After searching one room, I know it's going to take a while.

---

"Girls, we found them," Auntie intercepts us as we go to check another room. "Your mother would like you to join us in the throne room."

Listening to her, we follow her path. I look around as we walk. The palace is filled with lots of gold, intricate decorations. The floors are made of a fine, white marble tile. Green accents are everywhere.