Chapter 24

(A/N PART 2 OF A DOUBLE UPDATE! READ THE FIRST PART FIRST)

Skylor's POV

"This place isn't sketchy at all," Kai and I stand near the back of the abandoned harbor, apparently the only place to get to the island my father is at. Both of us keep our heads low to try to avoid attention.

"A ton of guys with purple snake tattoos all over walking around and working noodle trucks? What could go wrong?" I look around. The trucks are driving onto a large boat, monitored by a man with a grimace and his raven hair tied back. As if he can sense our eyes on him, his head darts to our direction. His scowl deepens. Saying something brief to the man next to him, he begins to stalk over to us.

"Let me do the talking," Kai advises. I listen to him, considering his people skills are way better than mine at the moment.

When the man reaches us, we can see his features more. He's clearly aging, wrinkles welded deep into his skin. His thin mustache is slowly greying, looking like a layer of lint is starting to grow on his upper lip. He is wearing purple and maroon robes.

"May I assist you two?" he asks crisply, his hands folding behind his back.

"We'd like to see Chen," Kai informs the man. Once words come out of my boyfriend's mouth, the man looks closer at him.

"Master Chen does not accept visitors, especially those of the ninja assortment," his eyes slightly narrow as he glares at Kai.

"Will he accept visitors if one of them is his daughter?" I ask, taking off my hood. When the man sees me, his eyes widen.

"Skylor?" his eyes widen in disbelief. "I apologize for my impoliteness. I was not aware that it was you," he quickly apologizes.

"You're forgiven. Now, I'd like to see my father. Can you bring me to him?"

"Of course. Right this way," he gives Kai a pointed glare before leading the two of us to boat.

---

Kai and I sit at the bow of the boat. His arm is around me as we look out at the endless ocean around us. There are increasing amounts of rock around us though, signaling land ahead.

I rest my head on Kai's shoulder, sighing. "I'm relieved, relieved that everything is over."

"So am I. Everything fell right into place," he rests his head on top of mine. "Now that everything is over, what are you all planning on doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"You and the rest of your sisters. What are you going to do with the rest of your lives now that you're free and can do whatever you want?" he brings up something u haven't even thought of. My mind has just been filled with relief that Mara is gone. I never even thought about what was next. "You're always welcome to stay with us. Yeah, the Bounty might need some expanding, but that's nothing Jay, Zane, and Nya can't handle."

"I've never thought about it, actually," I admit. "Have you asked Nya the same question?"

"She talked with Jay about it a bit. I...I think she's going to stay with us. She hasn't confirmed anything, but she seems pretty happy. Whatever she does choose though, we're going to support her, just like we'll do for you and the rest of you all." Both of our eyes are focused the horizon where we start to see an island.

"She does seem really happy, doesn't she?" I smile to myself. "She was never unhappy when we were growing up, per say, but now it's like there's an extra spark there. She's where she's meant to be: with you and Jay."

"And you. You're the one who practically raised her. She loves you so much, and I'm so grateful for all that you've done for her."

"And I'm grateful for all that your team has done for us. You saved my life, and you all saved Chamille's with that healing tea. You were able to get us out of that horrible situation, and you helped us defeat Mara for good, and speaking for all of us, I can't thank you enough," I look up at him now. His light brown eyes meet mine as he smiles at me. Slowly, he leans down and places a chaste kiss on my lips.