Chapter 4

*the next day*

Jay's POV

I check my appearance in the mirror for the fifth time, feeling like Kai. I have to make sure everything is perfect. I have on a similar outfit to yesterday, another pair of black jeans, but instead of a white t shirt with a blue jacket, I only have on a blue t shirt. Additionally, I have a pair of sunglasses and a baseball cap.

Looking in the mirror, I notice the pink scar peeking out from underneath the sleeve of my shirt. Subconsciously, I pull my sleeve down to cover it. While my arm is fully rehabilitated, the scar on my arm is a constant reminder of the wound. I try to keep it covered at all times, but sometimes it's hard.

I leave the bathroom, walking onto the deck of the ship. It's still parked at the same spot it was yesterday. We had no place to put the Ultrasonic Rader on such short notice, and we have nowhere to be, so we decided to wait here with it. It also leaves us close to the city in case something happens.

Throughout the years, the view from the Bounty hasn't gotten any less spectacular. Everything seems so small from up here, and it's so much easier to see the big picture. Ninjago looks more united from up here.

"Jay, there you are!" at the sound of his voice, my head whips in his direction. My dad, the biological one, is looking over at me from the other side of the deck.

"Dad, I didn't know you were coming today. I thought you still had more scenes to film for your new movie," I admit, walking over and giving him a large hug.

"The cameras broke, so they sent me out to do promo to the movie instead. I thought it'd be a good idea to visit you in between interviews," he tells me, pulling me in tight. "How has everything been for you? I know I've been busy with my movie recently, but I'm still interested in everything that's going on."

"It's been good, really good, actually. The only bad thing that happened recently is that Lloyd and Kai broke their Ultrasonic Radar by putting bread in the compartment with the enguine," I tell him, making him chuckle.

"Those two never fail to disappoint," he laughs, waiting until his laughter dies down to keep talking. "Ed and Edna called and said you brought that girl you liked over to meet them," he tries to bring up, slyly.

"It's the one I talked to you on the phone about," I admit.

"And?"

"And she's my girlfriend now," I tell him. He claps me on the shoulder, proudly.

"That's my boy. You used advice from my book, didn't you?" he gives me a teasing smile.

"Cliff Gordon's Guide to Wooing Woman isn't actually my first place to turn to for advice," I tell him, but in a joking manner.

"Jay, I'm ready," I hear Nya's voice behind me, causing me to whip around. At the sight of her, all of the air escapes my lungs, my jaw going slightly slack. She's absolutely gorgeous. She has on a red sundress, accented with white flowers and cherry blossoms. Her hair is tied up messily, some hair draping in front of her face. Everything about her is stunning, especially the small smile on her face.

"Is this her?" my dad asks. I'm too captivated by her to get out a verbal response. Only a nod manages to come out.

"You never told me your dad was coming over," Nya says, a charming smile on her face. As she walks over, I notice the practical athletic shoes on her feet, making my heart warm. When Nya gets closer, a look of realization crosses my dad's face.

"You're Maya's daughter, aren't you?" my dad says, a smile on his face. He sticks out his hand for her to shake. She nods, shaking his hand. "You look so much like her. It's like deja vu."