Chapter 1

*a month and a half later*

Jay's POV

"Oh you are so going down, Dirtclod!" I exclaim, rapidly pressing the buttons on the controller in my hand.

"In your dreams, Zappy!" Cole responds by sending my character flying back. I groan.

"You're cheating," I whine.

"Am not, you just need better skills," he defends himself. By clicking the right, up, x, and down buttons all at the same time, he performs a combo move, throwing me off the screen. I sigh, putting down my controller.

"You've beat me five times in a row. It's not fun anymore," I grumble, leaning against the couch.

"It's not my fault you're off your game. Spill," he nudges my side.

"There's nothing to spill," I tell him. He gives me a disbelieving look. "Fine, fine, it's about Nya."

"No shock there. What about?" I laugh slightly at his accidental pun.

"It's been over a month Cole, over a month, and I still can't confess my feelings for her! I chicken out every single time," I tug at my hair. "I have my dream girl in front of me, and I can't even tell her that I like her."

"Well I'm no love expert..." he starts.

"Cole, you have an even worse record than I do. The only girl you've ever shown interest in was just trying to trick you and knocked you unconscious in a bakery after you bought her food," I raise an eyebrow at him.

"That was one time," he defends himself.

"And the only time," a smile starts to cross my face.

"You're really annoying; did you know that?"

"Oh, you love how annoying I am," I tell him, sprawling across the entire couch. I rest my legs in his lap, moving so my head is on the armrest. "Seliel honestly wasn't that bad. Now Chamille, she was bad. I'd be happy to never see her again in my life."

"I still can't believe she actually followed through with our deal," Cole admits, leaving my legs on his lap. I cross my arms behind my head.

"Well, they aren't evil, just misguided. It makes sense that they follow through with their promises. Seliel was probably the second best to me to be honest. PIXAL was also fine; she just kind of ignored me," I defend them. Although the conditions of my kidnapping weren't exactly the best, they could have been a lot worse.

"And the best was Nya, of course," Cole finishes for me.

"Hey, she actually was. She actually interacted with me, and the second time around I wasn't even in ropes most of the time, oh, and she was the only one that didn't say that I'm annoying," I validate my choice.

"Where is she now, anyways?" he asks.

"She's at the doctor with Kai. Her immune system is weak from being in isolation for so long, considering the only contact she had with the germs from our world was Ciara. He wants to monitor her to make sure nothing bad happens," I explain.

"Is that why she's been sick four times so far?" Cole asks, a look of realization across his face.

"Yep. Her body doesn't have the antibodies that ours have developed over all our lives. They're looking into giving her some vaccines for the deadly diseases, so she won't catch them. The only problem is that she's allergic to perfume, but they don't know what chemical in the perfume. They don't want to give her a vaccine with that chemical in it."

"That's tough," Cole says before letting out a big yawn. "I'm sorry. I'm exhausted. I couldn't sleep last night."

"Were the bed bugs biting?"