Chapter 7

Lloyd's POV

I groggily groan, rolling over. As I slowly regain my consciousness, I realize what just happened. I bolt up, sitting up from the reclining position I was resting in. When I scan the room, I spot Zane sitting on the other side of the small table in front of me.

"You are awake. Would you like some tea?" Zane offers, holding out a cup for me. Reluctantly, I take it. "You were unconscious for nearly two hours since I found you."

"Two hours? Last time was five minutes!" I exclaim, my eyes widening.

"Yes, but I am estimating that there was a greater strain put on your being because of Mara," Zane informs me, standing up. "I sense that something very bad is afoot, but I could not leave you alone while you were unconscious."

"Where are the others?" I ask, rolls my shoulders to try to loosen up.

"As I said before, I could not leave you alone, so when none of my messages to Kai, Jay, or Cole went through, I could not reach them. Additionally, Master Wu and Garmadon left in a rush even before you were unconscious, I believe. I am still unsure of where they were leaving," he admits. At the thought of the rest of our team being unreachable, my brain jumps to the only conclusion.

"Do you think something bad happened to them? I knew we shouldn't have trusted Nya with them," I groan, putting my head in my hands.

"They are in adequate condition. Currently, they are being swarmed by a large crowd of fans, so they most likely cannot get to their phones," he explains.

"Of all the days," I grumble, taking a sip of the tea. "We need to find them, ASAP. Did any of them tell you where they were going to lunch?"

"No, but I have been trying to analyze all possible footage of them. It appears the stopped at the museum, and they have not been spotted since. My estimate is that they are traveling via a secret route," he explains. "It is safest that we stay here. Even though I called and warned the police that the palace would most likely be attacked, Mara and Ciara have still attacked the palace and most likely have gained a foothold there. If they conquer the city quickly, it will be best if all of us are not in the same location."

Although I know all of his words are logical, I protest,"We can't leave them in a lion's den. We need to get them!"

"Lloyd, we cannot save Ninjago if all of us are under their control. Once we have their clear location, we can get them," Zane argues calmly and logically. I go to find an argument, but I can't think of anything.

I let out a long sigh, "You're right. Once everyone, including my father and Master Wu, are back, we can come up with a game plan."

---

Nya's POV

Kai, Cole, Jay and I all jump down from the roofs we were traveling across. We used the same method Jay and I used all that time ago when we were trying to make it to the police station. Since Master Wu has been teaching me spinjitzu, I was able to travel just as efficiently as the guys.

"You never told me Wu taught you spinjitzu," Kai says as we land. A few people give us some glances and point, but no one approaches us.

"I didn't want to tell you until I completely mastered it," I admit, brushing some hair out of my face.

"Well, from the looks of it, you're pretty good at it," Cole says, giving me a pat on the back before looking around. "We should probably get inside before people spot us."

"You just want to get to the food faster," Jay nudges him in the side. "But yeah, I agree. I'm famished."

"Did you really genuinely use 'famished' in a sentence?" Kai asks, raising an eyebrow in amusement.