Alternate Ending

(SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT! This takes place during chapter 22 and starts where Skylor brings Kai into the palace. Enjoy! I'm going to italicize all of the stuff before the chapter branches off)

Skylor's POV

When Kai and I walk into the throne room, everyone else is already there. While the boys and Nya are kneeling on the ground, the rest of my sisters are standing behind their respective ninja. Unfortunately, however, six stone warriors stand in the back of the room.

"I apologize for the long wait, the journey was quite long, but Mother and Auntie, I would like to prsent you Kai Smith, the master of fire," I push him down on his knees, which he pretends to fight before falling.

"Today, today marks the day of a new era of Ninjago, the day those fighting for the past lose their precious leaders," Mara begins to begin walking back and forth, slowly. We wait for the right time to attack, the emerald on her neck bouncing with each step. "I wanted all of you here so you too could see your teammates lose their precious powers right before your eyes, so you could see their life source drained from them before they're put out of their misery."

"The light will prevail," Lloyd glares at her, which makes both Mara and Ciara laugh, their jagged teeth showing.

"Oh, young Garmadon, so naive, just like your father was," Mara clicks her tongue. "You have all been playing superhero for far too long. It's about time that you were brought back to reality."

"I say Kyle loses his powers first," Ciara stops leaning against the wall and walks over to stand near her sister. "He always has been a pain in our rear."

"It's Kai," he lurches forward, but I pull him back.

"Bring him forward," Mara instructs. My heart pounds against my ribs. I slowly bring him forward, so he is kneeling before her. She takes his face between her fingers, her long, sharp nails digging into his skin as she tilts his head back and forth. I see his nose slightly crinkle in pain, and it takes all of my restraint to stay calm.

"Do it," he glares up at Mara, a harsh tone in his voice. She looks at him slightly shocked, as do I.

"Excuse me?"

"Reunite me with my parents. You and Ciara were the one who took them away from Nya and I, after all," he tells her, vigor behind his words.

"As you wish. Officer Baku, step forward," as she says so, one of the stone warriors moves from the back of the room and next to her, my blood runs cold. She reaches out and holds his hand, the other still clawing Kai's face.

As she starts mumbling something in an ancient language, I see the emerald dangling from her neck, free. Seeing my chance, I reach my hand out to grab it, but I'm instantly lurched back. When I turn my head, I see Ciara holding my arm.

"Traitor!" she pulls me down to the ground. I hit it hard, wincing, but in my vision, I see Kai leg sweep Mara, her brittle knees falling onto the ground, and the helmet of shadows falling off of her head. It's as if the whole room freezes as soon as the helmet falls. The stone warriors halt in place, and everyone else keeps their eyes on it.

Suddenly, a dark, slimy tentacle appears from Mara's hand. It moves its way over to the helmet, but not as fast as Seliel who uses her powers to appear right in front of the helmet. Obscuring my vision, Ciara digs my face into the ground, pressing my skull down. I try to wrestle her off of me, but she's too strong.

Focusing on the fire inside of me, I transmit my warmth to my hands, supercharging them with heat. I grip onto Ciara's pale, bony wrist before engulfing her arm in a flame. She yelps in pain, pulling her arm back while I roll away and escape her grip.