Chapter 5

A/N Part one of a double update ;)

Skylor's POV

"Ouch," I yelp as I face plant into a field of grass. I look beside me, and my other sisters promptly follow, falling out of the portal and, without grace, landing on their faces.

"No, my makeup is ruined!" Chamille exclaims, wiping the dirt off her face. I sigh, standing up and wiping off my gi.

I watch as Auntie and Mother gracefully land on their feet. Mother immediately looks around, a giant grin on her face. "Oh, it's been a long time, Ninjago, but I'm finally back, and I'm here to stay!"

"Don't get too cocky. As soon as that emerald goes, so do you," Auntie looks at her sister before turning towards the rest of us. "My darlings, we are here."

"You need to get the Helmet of Shadows from the museum. I have a picture of it here," Mother goes to hand me the picture, but gives it to Seliel instead.

"And we must stay in the shadows on our way there to remain undetected?" PIXAL double checks.

"Exactly. We do not know where the guardians are, and while it is unlikely they are near the museum, it's better safe than sorry," Auntie elaborates. "Meet underneath the city at this location," she hands me a map with a circle drawn onto it. "From there, we will attack the palace."

---

The four of us dart through the shadows, hiding in between buildings. Surprisingly, there are not many people in the city. It seems to be fairly cleared out, perfect for us.

"Ninjago is so pretty," Seliel hums as we start to climb a building in an attempt to travel via rooftops.

"It certainly is significantly different to the monastery," PIXAL says, neither agreeing nor disagreeing.

"We can focus on the scenery later. Now, Seliel, can you teleport us over to that other rooftop?" I ask, noticing the gap is too large to jump across.

"Of course," she says, sticking out her hands. The three of us grab onto her, making skin contact, before a cloud of smoke surrounds us. We appear on the other roof. We continue that for several rooftops.

Interestingly, with each rooftop, the noise coming from the street gets increasingly louder. When the sound becomes immensely louder, I peek over the edge of the building to see a giant crowd of people. They are filling the sidewalk and the whole street, blocking the cars from driving through. The crowd is screaming loudly.

"What's happening?" Seliel asks, curiously before looking over. "Woa that's a lot of people."

"Let's keep going. We can't have anyone spotting us," I pull her back from the roof. We keep going for several more roofs until we're on the roof of the museum. Attached to the roof is a door.

"In and out in a blink. No one will ever see us," Chamille says, cracking her knuckles. In front of our eyes, her gi turns to a blue one, looking identical to the one Jay wore at the Explorer's Club, her face morphing under her mask. "And if anyone catches us, I'll be ready," she says in his voice.

Holding onto Seliel, the four of us materialize on the other side of the door. Then, with light steps, we tip toe down the stairs. Luckily for us, the entire building was redone right before the last time we came, so the stairs aren't creaky at all.

"Auntie mentioned to me earlier that the museum should still be closed now, so there should be one person in here max," I bring up to my sisters once we reach the bottom of the stairs. They nod. Quietly, we sneak out, staying in a cluster. We listen to the sounds around us for any other signs of life, but there are none. We slowly start to investigate, looking at the various displays for the helmet.