Chapter 15

*the next day*

Seliel's POV

I lie on my bed, scrolling through my BorgPhone. Much to Mother's dismay, Auntie said I could have the day off for watching those practically mindless police officers. Not knowing what to do with my free time and with none of my sisters here, I've just stayed on my phone.

I've just been scrolling through Instabrick. I'm not following anyone since frankly, I don't know anyone besides the ninja and Harumi who have them, but I don't think following any of them would be the best choice to follow for different reasons. None of them have posted anything recently, seeing as they probably don't want to give us any leads.

I've used the time to look deeper into their posts just to get a better idea on who they are. Lloyd doesn't seem to like the focus on him considering he never posts pictures of just himself. I've found it odd since from what I've seen, he is held on a pedestal by all of Ninjago. Kai, on the other hand, clearly doesn't mind the attention, having the most followers and always posting pictures of himself. His most liked photo, a picture of him shirtless, has 89.2 million likes. Like Kai, Jay posts a lot, except he's usually with people. It makes sense considering how Jay couldn't last thirty minutes without talking to someone.

His most recent post sends pangs down my chest. With a blue heart as the caption, there are two pictures in the post. The first is of him and Nya. Their arms are wrapped around each other, and it looks like she has all of his attention, his blue eyes set on her with a captivated look. She has a giant smile on her face. In the next photo, they're in the same pose except Jay's lips are pressed against her cheek, making her smile larger.

I had no idea how Nya was doing after she left us, but I never expected her to be this happy, appearing happier than she ever was with us. While it hurts to see her that happy, it also helps calm me. I never enjoy seeing her in pain. Additionally, her joy makes me envious. While the rest of us were struggling after we got the gemstones, she was here, happy and experimenting with life. She got to get with a boy who makes her feel so strong, something none of us never were able to do or probably will ever be able to. Auntie and Mother swear it's evil, but seeing Nya makes me question that.

While Nya rarely posts, I can tell she's enjoying her life here. She posts a lot with Kai and Jay, both appearing to make her really happy. Like Nya, Zane rarely posts, but from what he does, I can tell he's really intelligent from his captions.

The profile that I spent the most time on by far was Cole's. Scrolling through his pictures, reading his captions, it makes me feel good. It's clear he's gotten happier since he joined the ninja, and I can't help but smile at the genuine smiles that take over his more recent pictures.

Out of all of the ninja, with the exception of Nya if she's considered one of them, I feel the strongest connection to Cole. I'll find myself wanting to stay on his page, wanting to watch interview videos of him and her him laugh. He gives off the first impression of being such a tough guy that it's really cute when you see that he's a total softie.

If there's anything social media has revealed to me, it's how attractive the ninja are. Coming to the realm with no knowledge of boys before, I just expected everyone to look like them, seeing as they made up the majority of the boys I came in contact with up to that point, but that wasn't the case. Now that I've had time to actually look at them, I can't help but appreciate their strong arms and broad shoulders.

Just like their fans say, there's something there for everyone. I don't know if it's because of my previous exposure to them, but I've found myself most attracted to Cole. I would never admit it to anyone, of course, but there's something about his sheer strength that I not only appreciate because of all the strength training I've had to endure in my life, but that I also find alluring.