Chapter 19

Todoroki walked beside me as we exited the school.

-flashback-

"Well then, now that this problem has been solved, we should both head home. It's getting late and I don't want your family to worry."

His face morphed into an unreadable expression, body visibly stiffening up.

"My siblings are working so it's fine."

I was going to ask him about his parents, but I remembered that he didn't really have a stable relationship with them, especially his father.

"Oh I see. Wait, I got an idea! How 'bout we go eat or something. We've been here for a while and I assume you must be hungry?"

"I guess."

"Good enough answer. What do you want to go eat, I'll follow you since I still don't really know my way around."

It took him a fat minute to think about the food we were going to eat but once he said his idea, we set off to the restaurant.

-End of Flashback-

As we were leaving the campus, someone yelled from behind, my poor self catching an earful of that loud ass voice.

'Oh nooooo
I wonder who that could possibly beeee.'

I turned my head to the side and glanced in the direction to where the voice was coming from, and there, coming at full speed toward me, was Bakugou. Behind him was Deku, who looked worriedly at his childhood friend. Finally reaching Todoroki and I, he began to say,

"Oi Y/N, where the hell you roaming off too. And why the fuck are you with this Icy-Hot bastard?"

"Wowww, no "hey how you feeling after getting your head crushed?""

"I don't have to ask you shit on how you are, you're standing right infront of me aren't you?"

"Ah my bad, I forgot I was talking to someone who thinks acting like they don't give a shit is a nice personality trait to have."

His face morphed into a somewhat angry expression, which then turned to annoyed as he shoved something in my hand.

"Tch, I don't know why I even bother to give you shit. Here, take this. Now you better not get your head fucked up again ya hear me?"

I look down to see what he gave me, and to my surprise, it was a bag of snacks and painkillers for my head. I chuckle and lightly punch him on the shoulder.

"Aweeeee, I knew you weren't a piece of shitttt. Thanks Blondie, means a lot."

From behind him Deku maneuvered around him and me another bag. Confused at first, I looked in the bag and then began to laugh. It seems they both had the same idea in mind. Deku fidgeted with his fingers and said,

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to see you at the nurses office since I myself was injured as well."

In the background you can hear a 'tch' come from Bakugou.

"You shouldn't have Izuku! I do hope you're feeling alright. From what I saw, that was quite a lot of damage your body took. Thank you both for this."

After giving them my thanks, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Todoroki, who I forgot was just standing there, not saying a word until now.

"...Cold Soba."

"Oh yeah! Me and Shoto are heading to go eat since we got nothing better to do. You guys wanna tag along? Do you mind if they tag along?"

"...No."

"Ok great. So how about it you guys?"

Deku nodded his head enthusiastically while Bakugou just shrugged his shoulder, trying to act unbothered as usual. We start back on our walk to the restaurant, only taking us about ten minutes to get there.

We entered and took a seat at a table in the far corner next to the window. Each of us ordered what we wanted and a couple minutes later, we were given our food.

"This smells absolutely amazing! Shoto, thank you for blessing me with this delicious food find. It is a gift from the heavens."

We dug in and made small talk here and there, Todoroki being surprisingly more vocal than usual. After finishing the delicious meal, we ran into a little problem.

"I said I'll pay for the food!"

"Shut the hell up dumbass I'll do it!"

"I-I can pay for it!"

"...I'll pay..."

I slumped back in my seat, thinking of a way to convince them to let me pay for the food. Suddenly, it hit me.

"Hey you guys, I'ma go use the restroom real quick, I'll be quick."

Too tied into their heated conversation about who's going to pay, I snuck my way to the cashier and paid for our table.

Thank god for the emergency money Aizawa gave me.

I walked back to the table with a sly grin on my face. After they're attention went on me, I slammed the receipt I got on the wooden surface.

"Suck it losers, guess I beat all of you to it. Better luck next time."

They looked at me with surprised, then defeated faces, and slumped back into their seats, claiming that they'll pay next time. After leaving the establishment, I was about to say goodbye to Todoroki when suddenly...

"...I'll walk you home."

That took me by surprise since I would've assumed we would go our separate ways.

"Oh really? You don't have to Shoto it's fine. I don't want to hold you back so late since we've already spent so much time."

"It's fine, we're friends anyways."

"Well... if you say so buddy."

He nodded slightly at my response, now turning to the other two.
"I'll take Y/N home. You two may go do whatever you please."

"Wait a damn minute you Icy-Hot bastard, I can fucken take-"

"Bakugou, it's fine. Todoroki can take me home and I don't want to decline his offer."

"Tch, whatever. Do what you want. I have to go get groceries for the old hag anyways."

*Beep Beep*

We all looked towards Deku, who's phone was beeping in his pocket. He opened it and his eyes widened.

"Oh! It was fun eating with you guys, I got to go! See you all at school!"

After the two boys went their separate ways, it was just me and Todoroki. As we walked, we made small conversations here and there. Finally, we made it to 'my house' and I opened the gate.

"Thanks for walking me home Shoto, you really didn't have to."

"Like I said, we're friends. I think this is what friends do, right?"

I smile at his question.

"Yeah. This is what friends do. Thanks again and we definitely have to go out like that again, I enjoyed it."

He was quiet and I think I heard him mumble 'me too', but I'm not too sure. Shoto turned and started to head home, waving a slight bye in the process. I copied him and headed into the house.

After doing my night routine and finishing the homework that was handed out today, I went straight to bed and knocked out almost immediately. The last thought that went through my mind was,

Today was fun.

To Be Continued...

A.N.:
-MY BACK HURTSSSSS. Happyyy New Years everyone.-