Chapter 52

"I'm finally here. Sorry I'm late you two."...
——
All I could hear was that one sentence before I began to start moving. I gripped my shoulder and backed up as much as possible until I was able to reach Iida. While keeping an eye on Stain for any movements, I noticed the phone in the back of Deku's hand that seemed to have sent a location to someone.

Good, more backup,

But in the meantime...

I turned my body to face Iida and tried pulling him off the ground, but it was no use. With my injury and his limp ass body, there was barely any progress, but still, I persisted.

"Y/n stop! Midoriya, take Y/n and that man and get the hell out of here. Run away, it's no use!"

As I was about to yell at him once again, Deku began to speak.

"Then there's no point in being a hero! Who am I if I were to leave you and take the other two. That's just being a coward and running away! I'm not going anywhere, even if you say so! Meddling where you don't need to is the essence of being a hero!"

At that, we all hear Stain laugh his ass off. Midoriya immediately charged toward him and they began to fight. While he was distracted, I forced myself to get up and began putting pressure on Iida's wound.

"You're so stupid you know that."

"Yes, I'm sorry."

"Don't be... I'm also stupid for chasing after you and instead of following Manual. Guess we're the stupidity duo."

He only grunted in response, still unable to move and in pain. I was about to try and move him towards the wall until I heard a thud behind me. I whipped my head around to see Deku kneeling on the ground, stuck in that position as Stain began to walk toward us. Putting my body into overdrive, I pull Iida away and put him against the wall.

I watched as Stain continued to get closer, his smile growing wider while my heart was beating a million times a second. I go into a defensive stance and move toward him, hoping today won't be my last day here.

"Well, looks like you still got some fight in you. People who are all talk are a dime in a dozen, but you and your little green friend are worth letting live. The guy behind you on the other hand is different. So why don't you move aside and let me kill him, hmm?"

I give him a look, "I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to decline that proposition of yours. No matter what, he's my friend you can't kill anyone you please."

I watch as he lets out a sigh of disappointment. "Well I guess it's no use after all... I'm just gonna have to kill you first."

I set off a shitty blast to which he easily evaded and lunged at me, knife in one hand, while the other is grabbing my hair, pulling it so that I'm forced to go on my tiptoes. I hear Deku yelling and Iida telling me to let him pass, but I ignore them. He stares me down, but I refuse to look away.

"Still not backing down huh?"

"I'm not a coward."

"Suit yourself."

As he raises his sword to strike me, I see him look past me and in a quick second, he lets me go and jumps away to the side as a strike of fire went past me.

"Midoriya, you need to give more details in times like these... You made me late..."

"Todoroki?!" I hear Iida gasp from behind me.

Todoroki lets out a stream of ice and begins creating slopes, causing the four of us to slide down behind him.

"I won't let you kill any of them, Hero Killer."