Chapter 34

"The UA Sports Festival is about to begin! Are you ready!!!!!!!"

After that announcement by Present Mic on the intercom speaker, the audience roared with excitement, vibrating the ground that the class walks on. Nearing the lightway towards the stadium center, the anxiety and excitement within me increased ten-fold.

"It is now time for the students to enter the first- year stage!"

Right as he finishes, we appear, catching the eye of everyone. Roaring cheers echoed throughout the entire stadium, and one by one, each other class was called. As everyone finally made it to the center, Midnight, who was standing on the stage began to speak.

"Representing all the students is Katsuki Bakugou from class 1-A!"

Confused voices spread throughout our class.

"It's Kachaan?"

"Well, didn't he rank first in the entrance exam?"

Even some classes began to voice their opinions.

"Ugh, in the hero course."

As he stands in front of the mic, a silence ensues, awaiting his speech.

"I just wanna say...
I'm going to win."

And with that, everyone lost it.

"WHAT THE HELL"

"YOU BASTARD"

"DON'T BE SO FULL OF YOURSELVES, CLASS 1-A"

Iida takes a step in front of our class.

Chopping the air furiously, he says "Bakugou why did you say something disrespectful?!"

Bakugou turns his body around and puts his thumb down.

"At least be a stepping stone for me to jump off from."

Walking back into our crowd, he just glares straight ahead, looking as if he's in thought. I scoot towards him and nudge his side. He whips his head to the side, about to yell at whoever touched him.

"Who the fuck do you- oh its you. What do you want, dumbass? Are you gonna start saying shit like all the other annoying ass extras?"

"Nah nothing like that, if anything I'm just here to say that I admire your determination to reach the top. I wouldn't have had the balls to say what you said in front of everyone."

"Hah, of course you wouldn't have since you're not on my level yet."

"Like you just said, yet. You'd be surprised at what I'm now capable of. I've been training to the point of seeing myself go into the light, so just watch as I beat you."

At my declaration his eyes widen. Seeing that I wasn't kidding, his face morphs into something between amusement and disbelief.

"Watch what you say, don't wanna see you embarrass yourself as I laugh at you from the winners podium."

"Hmm right back at you, explosion boy."

A sound goes off on the screen, signalling the first game. Midnight turns to us and smiles.

"Now everyone, let's get started! The first game is what you can call a qualifier. Every year, many will drink their tears here! Now then, here is the first fateful game! This year it is...
The Obstacle Race!"

As she explains the rules, my brain gets tossed around in my head.

Obstacle race...a race with obstacles...

Well no shit of course there's gonna be fucken obstacles.

Weren't there robots involved? Fuck, I can't really remember..