Chapter 51

"... Die."

I quickly set off a blast, causing the freakshow to pull back for a couple seconds while I raced to where Iida was on the ground.

"Y/n! What the hell are you doing here?! I told you to go with Manual!"

"Iida, why don't you shut the hell up! As if I would listen to you when I knew for a fact there was no damn shortcut! You were literally going away from the explosion, and THAT ISN'T WHAT YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT AT THE MOMENT STUPID!"

Before I could reach Iida, we both whipped our heads to someone laughing behind the smoke my blast had caused.

"Well, well, well, it seems that you've even brought a friend with you. Maybe you should have just gone to the explosion like you were supposed to, sad that I now have more people to put an end to, no hard feelings..."

In the blink of an eye, Stain broke through the smoke and headed right for me, sword on the ready. I quickly ducked and threw myself to the side, hitting the wall a bit due to the narrow space we were in. I quickly turned to look at where he was but couldn't see him until someone screamed.

"Y/n! Duck now!"

Listening to Iida's demand, I quickly ducked my head to see him jumping over me, blocking Stain from being able to stab me.

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

I quickly move out of Iida's way and book it towards the other guy that was lying against the wall. After using my strength to pull him farther away from the fight, I leaned his back against the wall for support.

"Are you ok?! Where's the wound located?"

He motioned toward the left of his chest, "Just there, the rest are broken bones."

I nod my head, "I'ma rip off a piece of cloth to wrap the wound if that's alright with you."

As soon as he nodded his head, I helped remove the cape that he was wearing and quickly rip a long piece off. After wrapping it around the wound, I used the rest to cover him and scrunched a bit of it on top of the wound. I gently grab his arm furthest from the wound and place it over the bunched up fabric I placed beforehand.

"I'm gonna need you to try your best to put pressure on this ok, to prevent any more bleeding from occurring."

He nodded, "Thank you, please be careful."

As I was about to respond to him, I hear Iida yell out in pain. As soon as I got up from the ground, I saw that Stain had his boot on Iida's head while his sword was embedded into his arm.

"You and your brother are both weak. You're fakes."

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MY BROTHER LIKE THAT! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT HE'S NOW PARALYZED FROM THE WAIST DOWN!
I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!
I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

At that, Stain laughed and moved his head to the side, now pointing at me.

"Did it even occur to you that while you were so busy trying to kill me, you didn't even stop to try and save the other guy who was here? It seems like your little friend over there had more common sense than you who were blinded by your own selfish desires...
You are no hero.
You're just a selfish bastard.
And now you'll only have yourself to blame if anything happens to both of them."

As he was saying that, he removes the sword from Iida's arm and licks the blood off. Taking that as an opening, I rush towards him, setting off blast after blast. I hear Iida yelling but I don't stop, the only thought going through my mind was trying to save the three of us.

"Listen, Stain guy... you claim to create a more just world without fakes, yet you kill people unjustly just to use them as an example. That doesn't sound just at all so it seems you got a screw loose if I'm being honest."