Chapter 53

Queue the screaming.

— — — —

As soon as I removed it, I placed it on the ground next to me and cried my eye out, since the other one was unusable at the moment. Once I felt everything going numb, I stopped crying and turned towards my friends. All I saw was a huge ice glacier with Stain laying on top of it, looking dead as hell. I continue to watch as they tie the unconscious villain up. Next thing I knew, my three friends were coming towards the pro hero and I.

"Good job you guys." I give them a thumbs up from where I'm sitting.

"Y/n, your eye!."

I give Deku a smile as best as possible. "Yea, I'm preparing to become a pirate by Halloween. I mean at least we're all ok and you guys apprehended the psychopath, right?"

He nodded his head.

"Good, I'm glad we're on the same page here. Now then, let's get goi– SHIT!"

As soon as I tried getting up, the pressure was too much on my leg so it gave out, making me slump back down to the ground. I gripped my leg and shut my eyes due to the pain getting to me again. I felt like I was spinning and on the brink of vomiting my intestines out.

Welp... shouldn't have skipped leg day

"Y/n..."

As I open my eyes to look at Todoroki, I see him crouched down to my level. As soon as we make eye contact, he turns around so that his back is facing me.

".. Get on."

I shook my head, "No, no it's fine, I can just use your shoulder as support if that's fine but you carrying me is too much. You used up a lot of energy with the fight and I ain't tryna add an extra weight to you so please, it's fine."

"Todoroki, I can carry Y/n, she's right."

I turn to look at Iida, who looks far worse than the peppermint crouched down. "Iida, you look way worse than hi-im WOAH!"

I looked around myself as I began to rise up from an ice platform and watch as Todoroki stood up. Suddenly, I felt myself sliding down slowly, ending right on his back. I quickly held on to him due to being scared of falling right off.

"Y/n's right, you got injured more than me. I came later on so I'm not suffering anything major unlike you. Also, those pipes on the back of your hero costume would be a disturbance if she were on your back..."

After nodding in agreement, we all began to walk out of the alleyway, with Deku being on the pro hero's back and me on peppermint patty's, and Iida pulling the rope to where Stain was attached to. After finally reaching the sidewalk, other pro heroes came and we watched as Gran Torino gave Deku an earful for leaving his post. While everyone began to check if we were ok, Deku and I were put on the ground per our request.

"I'm really sorry you guys! You were all injured due to my selfishness and anger blinding me from seeing how it could affect everyone else. I'm truly sorry."

"I'm sorry for not being able to notice how cornered you must have felt through all this."

I only nod my head in agreement to deku's statement and watch as some tears fall from Iida's cheeks.

"Thank you guys for helping me."

"That's what friends are for, aren't they?"

As everything passed over, I began feeling a sense of peace.

But as usual in this damn place, life throws unexpected things your way.

"Everyone, get down!"

I immediately tense and we all look in different directions, trying to see what's going on.