Chapter 44

After a couple of us went to check up on Deku, we were kicked out after Recovery Girl told us he was going to go into surgery to fix some things in his body. After we started walking back we heard over the speaker,

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! NOW THAT THE BATTLEGROUND HAS BEEN FIXED FROM THE PREVIOUS BATTLE, WE CAN NOW RESUME TO THE NEXT CONTESTANTS, MINA AND Y/N!"

I quickly whipped my head to look at Uraraka who was walking right beside me.

"Wait what, I'm up?!"

She nodded her head. "Oh yeah they had announced it but since you were still knocked out from your previous fight I forgot to tell you. Sorry about that Y/N!"

"Oh shit don't worry Uraraka. Hey I'll catch you guys later!" and I was off to the center.

Once I reached the middle me and Mina said an exchange of good luck to each other. Midnight rose her pompom tassel.

"Ready... Start!"

Without giving me a chance, Mina quickly sprinted towards me and threw a roundhouse kick. I listed my arms up to block, but she had another trick up her sleeves. Pulling her hand back, she must've created acid in that spare time of distracting me with her kick. She swung her arm and threw acid my way, causing me to quickly throw myself back. I tried to create some space between us to quickly come up with something to immobilize her, but Mina had other plans.

Using her acid, she started gliding on the ground and quickly was closing in on me.

Ok so her quirk is literal fucken acid...
How the hell am I gonna get around that...
Wait a minute, I'm dumb. Why don't we try this...

Before she could lay another kick on me, I threw myself on the ground and ran away once again. I did that a couple more times until there was a good section that didn't have her acid.

"WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT FOLKS! SEEMS THAT Y/N HAS NOWHERE TO GO!"

Mina stopped a couple feet away from me. "Well Y/N, are you done running? 'Cuz honestly I don't think you can really go anywhere else without melting your clothes with my acid."

"You're right Mina, I can't go anywhere on the ground."

She tilted her head a bit in confusion and then threw a huge ball of acid my way. As quick as I could, I set off a blast beneath me, launching myself in the air. She ran to the acid free spot I was in and looked up to where I was in the air. Once I reached my peak height in the air I got my hand ready to shoot off another blast.

"Sorry Mina, brace yourself!"

Once I shot the blast and it made contact with her acid, there was a big explosion.

I breathed out a mini sigh of relief that my idea had indeed worked.

Since its acid, once made into contact with any blast, it could set off a chemical explosion.

For once I was able to use my brain and make good use of it.

Everything went in flames while debris was flying everywhere once again. It got hot by the second as I started falling back to the ground and my clothes started to burn a bit as I got ready for impact. My body felt like it was on fire as I fell through the flames and crashed into the center of the crater that was made from the explosion.

I screamed in agony as I felt some of my bones break on impact and the heat from the flames and the eating away of Mina's acid became unbearable. I started releasing uncontrolled blasts as a poor attempt to move away the other flames that kept eating at my skin.