Chapter 31

"W-What's going on here?!"

We all saw as many students from other classes were staring us down, seemingly analyzing our very beings. In the far back corner, I could've sworn I had caught a glimpse of purple shifting around.

Iida, being the class president as he is, asked for an explanation as to why these students have shown up. The little midget perv was already getting nervous.

" We can't even head out! W-why'd you come here for anyways?!"

"It's 'cause they're scouting out the enemy, all these small fry. Since we had escaped those villains, they wanted to check us all out before the Sports Festival."

I walk toward the blonde, "Hey, even though they're checking out the competition, it doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it and call them small fries."

He shrugs, not giving a damn in the world and looks at the other students. "There's no point of them even doing this in the first place. Now out of my damn way, extras."

Iida went on a mini tirade scolding Bakugou to have him stop calling anyone he doesn't know 'extras'.

From within the crowd, someone spoke up.

"I came to see for myself what the famous Class 1-A is like, but you seem pretty damn arrogant if you ask me."

More shifting within the crowd revealed the purple hair I had noticed from earlier. I smiled and gave a mini wave to Shinsou as he finally got to the front of all the students.

He responded with a lazy smile, "Hey Y/n, it's been a while. So you ended up with these group of kids huh."

"That's right. I see you still haven't gotten that bedhead of yours tamed."

He gives a nonchalant shrug. "Don't have the time for something like that. Also-" He turns to face the pissed looking Blonde, "Are the rest of you just as arrogant as this guy, 'cause if so, I wasted my time."

Bakugou was now fuming at bedhead, looking as if he was going to blow up any second.

"Many people enrolled here, and those who didn't make it into the hero course went for general studies and other courses. Did you know that those of us not in this course have a chance to prove ourselves and transfer depending on the results of the Sports Festival? They can even transfer people out."

His words sent shivers down our spines, putting the class on edge. As he eyed everyone down he just scoffed.

"I for one came to see the hero course to give you these words of advice.
If you get too carried away,
I'll knock your feet out from beneath you.
So how about you just take this as a declaration of war, hmm?"

With that, the response was met with uncomfortable silence. I crossed my arms and nodded slightly, approving those words of declaration and warning.

No matter how harsh it sounded, he has a point.
Many wanted and wished to be in the course in order to prove themselves. We mustn't get cocky even if we are in the course.
We must prove that we deserve our spot in this course, even if we have to fight others for it.

Well said Bedhead. Well said...

A booming voice snapped me out of my inner thoughts, causing me to look towards their direction. A boy from class 1-B had also announced for us not to be so cocky. There was movement next to me, and that's when I noticed that Bakugou had started walking past the students, leaving. Before he could get out of sight, Kirishima rushed forward and tried to stop him.

"Wait Bakugou! What are you gonna do with all these people? Isn't it you fault they're acting so hostile towards us?"

At that, he pauses. Slightly turning his head to the side, he said, "It doesn't matter. What matters is that you rise to the top."