Chapter 35

"The floor's now roasted and toasted..."
————-

The floor that was once brown, became filled with black ash, fire-dust particles danced around in the air. People emerged and stopped in their tracks once they saw the soot all over the ground. I could sense everyone looking straight at me, making me a bit embarrassed.

Getting over the little moment of shock, I quickly whip my body around and run up the stairs, grunting with every step I took. Finally making it to the next obstacle, I looked around to see if there was a continuation of the second barrier.

"That's right folks, we've quickly arrived at the final barrier."

Oh thank god
I'm saved

"The thing is... you guessed it! It's a minefield!"

AWE MAN WHAT THE FUCK

"It's set up so you can tell where a mine is but only if you look carefully! These mines are only for games, so it's not that powerful. But they're loud and flashy enough to make you wanna wet yourself!"

Gee, thanks for the warning...

Unfortunately for me, my stopping cost me my advantage in the lead, because now Todoroki has reached the minefield and many others. I force myself to jog slowly in order to avoid any mines lurking underneath. As more and more people rushed in, it became difficult for me to maintain some sort of space.

Before I could react, someone ran right beside me. At first I didn't know why they were so close to me, but then it hit me.

Literally.

They're foot maneuvered itself in front of mine which caused me to trip. With no way to save myself from this one, I continued to fall. One by one, each mine my body had landed on exploded from beneath me, causing me to soar through the air. The only thing I could do was yell in pain as the blasts reverberated through my entire being.

I couldn't even lift or save myself as I kept crashing to the ground and exploding once again in the air. In one of the many blasts, it was so strong I was launched up high enough I could see that I was halfway. Up ahead, Bakugou and Todoroki were battling it out which was slowing them down. As I looked at the direction I was falling towards, I realized I could have a chance.

With not a lot of control of myself in the air, I turned and moved until I was diving straight for the ground. I closed my eyes and braced myself for impact. Colliding with the ground, I quickly put my hands on the ground. The energy coursed through my body and released through my palms, creating an explosion that caused a chain reaction with a lot of nearby mines.

The force of the multiple explosions caused me to soar through the sky once again but in the direction I wanted. As I started to fall downwards, I saw Midoriya use Todoroki and Bakugou as launch pads as he hit the ground with a piece of green metal, most likely from the robots. Him now in the air, I realized that we were both in the same line of direction meaning, we were a couple seconds away from crashing into each other. I yelled at him.

"Izuku! Brace yourself!"

To make matters worse, the way my body was falling made the trip down faster than Midoriya's, so next thing you know, we crashed.

Hard.

If I thought those explosions from earlier were painful, this was 100 times worse. We pummel into the hard earth, sliding and rolling. Groaning as I try to lift myself up as quick as I can, I hear a noise coming from under me. I quickly looked down and saw Midoriya, his eyes wide and mouth open in shock.

Behind us, towards the end of the minefield, I heard Bakugou's screams.

"DEKU!!! Y/N!!!"

"Y-Y/n?"