Chapter 29

..ep....beeep...Beeppp...BEEEP BEEP BEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP

I groan as I drag my arm out to reach for the alarm clock behind me. Looking at it with disgust as it read 5:30am, I turned it off and 'accidentally' put it in one of the drawers that was the closest to me. I turn my head to look out the window, the sun nowhere in sight. The silence other than the wind that blew softly against the trees was a nice way to start the morning.

What a nice sight to see when I wake up. "The birds are chirping, the sun is shining"...

This ain't no Disney movie...

Alright I'm going back to sleep.

I dig my hand underneath the pillows and grab my phone. Clicking on the clock app, I shifted through the multiple alarms I have and finding one for 7:00.

This will give me enough time to get ready and eat something. I'll have around 20 min left to reach school on time.

After doing so, I shoved it back into the pillow wilderness and went back to sleep.

Big, and I mean big, mistake...
——-

The ringing of my phone wakes me up. I yawn and grumble as I grab my phone and answer the call.

"Hello?"

"..."

"If this is some kind of prank call or some shit I'm hanging up. You just woke me up and so early in the morning at that."

As I rake my hand through my super knotted hair, hand pausing at multiple places because the stupid knot would'nt untangle, the voice at the other end of the call decided to finally speak up.

"Y/n. It's Todoroki."

I pause my detangling and remove the phone from my ear to look at the screen; sure enough, it was none other than peppermint patty.

"Oh shit, sorry Shouto. As you can tell I just woke up, but like why did you call so early did something happen?"

"... You're going to be late for school."

"...."

"...."

"...WHAT!?"

I check the time on my phone, hoping it's not as bad as it sounds.

8:05 am

"No. No. No."

I enter the clock app and check the alarm, wondering if it didn't work. On;y for me to find out I pressed the one where it said 7:00 pm, not 7:00 am.

No fucken way...

"SHIT! THANKS FOR CALLING ME, I'LL SEE YOU AT SCHOOL BYE!"

After smashing the hang up button, I scramble off my bed and run to the closet. Putting on the uniform like the flash, I head to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I rush back to my room to get my backpack and phone, now zooming to the front door. Quickly putting my shoes on, I head out and make a dash for the school.

Where's my fucken toast so I can dangle it from my mouth? That'll complete the late schoolgirl trope.

I checked my phone midway to see what time it was, but instead I saw a bunch of notifs that covered the whole screen. It ranged from texts to calls:

💥Explosion Boy💥:
5 missed calls
15 messages

🤩All Might Stan🤩:
2 missed calls
3 messages

💅Pinky Pie💅:
4 messages

❄️Icy-Hot🔥:
2 messages

🏃Sonic🏃:
1 message