Chapter 38

"I'll be taking that headband of yours now..."

After what felt like ages staring back at the other team, Todoroki instructed Iida to go. Our opponents are now headed straight for us.

Tokoyami spoke up,
"I thought we would not have to deal with this confrontation until later on in the contest."

Midoriya, undeterred, nodded his head.
"We have to keep moving! Only half the time is left!"

When we turned to run somewhere else, we stopped as we saw how suddenly all teams were coming straight towards us on all sides. We heard a buzzing sound and whipped our heads back to face Todoroki and his team.

Just then, Kaminari let out a scream,

"Indiscriminate Shock!...

1.3 million volts!"

The strikes of electricity went everywhere, including towards us. At the last second, Dark Shadow blocked us all, with them receiving all the inflicting damage. Once it was over, I noticed that the rest of the teams had all been frozen in place due to the rod Momo was holding that spread Todoroki's ice everywhere.

Walls of ice had started to form which wasn't helping at all with our plan to evade the team. As they neared, Tokoyami called for Dark Shadow to attack, but it was no use. Momo had created a shield that blocked its attack. I blasted us back in order to try and create at least a bit more space between us and them, but they kept advancing.

"Momo's creation is seeming to be the hardest to deal with."

"That's where you're wrong Midoriya. In this instance, Kaminari's quirk is worse."

I nod my head, agreeing with Tokoyami. Uraraka questioned why.

"If it had been sunlight, Dark Shadow would have definitely been ripped apart.
If Kaminari continues to use his electricity, attacking will be difficult."

We halted in our retreat, seeing as there's no more space unless we cross the line and disqualify ourselves. The walls of ice blocked us from any possible escape. On top of that, I noticed that Uraraka was looking a little bit pale.

It must be from when we kept going into the sky

She would float us all down safely... it's taking a toll on her.

I would try and blast us out of here, but my legs are shaking from the previous uses and even if I could there's a chance that anyone could take us out from behind those walls.

From above us, the intercom yelled out that there was only one more minute left until the cavalry battle was over. We kept sidestepping to the opposite side that Todoroki was nearing. We had a good amount of distance between each other in this standoff, which probably would've kept us safe 'till the end.

I was wrong of course.

In one swift movement, Todoroki's team vanished and suddenly came into view right behind us. I looked up and saw that they had gotten a hold of Midoriya's headband.

Well... shit

The opposing team wrapped back around to where they used to be, with their new headband of points.

We were left at a stand still, with everyone on my team still in shock. Time was ticking and standing still with no points isn't the best option to be doing.

I started to push forward, snapping everyone out of their thoughts.

"C'mon you guys! We have to hurry and get our points back!"

Dark Shadow seemed reluctant to do so and Takoyami offered that we go in search of other points.

"No! Y/n's right! We don't know how the other teams have their points split up!"