Part 27

NEW YEAR UPDATE
FRIDAY UPDATE

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Everything happened swiftly for the past months, my kidnapping and khaleefa coming to my rescue, me giving birth after some months, the happiest day of our lives.

**************

"Dinar!"  you are going to be late to school again , fatima scolded her three year old daughter.

"Maaa! sh-rri " she managed to say, breaking down with tears.

Who has touched my little angel,  Khaleefa's voice came out of the blue.

"Dada!"  Dinar ran towards Khaleefa and raised her hands up for him to pick her up.

He did so and gave her multiple kisses on her cheeks before putting her down.
Let's go take you to school, he ordered.

You pamper this girl a lot wallahi, Fatima said making khaleefa pause.

Someone's getting jealous, "khaleefa teased".

You always say that but that is not the case, just take her to school before she gets more late, she ended and left the room.

*************

Baban Dinar (Dinar's father)  two days, I haven't seen you in the office, Khalid asked.

Wallahi stressful week so far, he managed to reply.

"Buddy!" I am your best friend, in fact a brother to you and I know if something is baffling you. I know that long face, you know what it means seeing you with a long face.. it means something is bothering you inside and you don't know what to do. Khaleefa please stop acting so formal or like strangers, remember when we use to share each other's problems and good news, what has happened to those days... now tell me what's bothering my little brother's mind.

"Khalid!" thank you for reminding me about this. I don't know what to do without you in life.

I know, so tell me what's bothering you.

Well, you see Fatima always complain that I pamper Dinar a lot and I don't give her much attention like before and you know what, I realized that she is right. I don't care about her like I do before and I also don't give her much attention, everything has averted back to Dinar..... Khalid please advice me.

Why didn't you tell me this before, come sit, let's talk heart to heart, Khalid concernedly said.

"They sat, talked and understood".

************************************

"Dinar should be home by now, what's taking them long, let me c-,

" Hello!".......

" Fatima!" please tell the driver to pick Dinar from school i cannot make it to their school I'm busy with work, Khaleefa hesitately said and ended the call.

That's strange! Khaleefa will never give excuse when it comes to Dinar, something is definitely fishy.

*****************

I searched everywhere for the driver, called him but he wasn't answering and it was getting late so i decided to pick her up from school myself.

*********

As we came out of the school premises I spotted an aged man sitted in front of my car. I took Dinar inside the car and went to the old man.
I greeted him and asked him why he was sitting here.
He told me that he was not a begger rather he was looking for his family.

I became incomplete ever since my wife left me because of poverty , she couldn't live with me anymore ever since a rich man engaged to her. She left me and even took our only daughter along with her and ever since then i was never normal.
I took an oath to look for them until my last breath, the man explained.

I'm so sorry sir, I wish I can help but I can't but you can stay with us for a while.

"No!" my daughter you don't have to do that, don't worry about me.

Please sir, come with me! this is the least I can do for you, please.

"Okay!"  I will come as per an offer from a daughter to her father, only if you accept.

"Yes!" I agree.

************************

They went back home together with Malam Auwal (the aged man), it was silent till they reached home.

"Uncle!" we are here , please feel free this is your home too.

"Thank you, Fatima" !

They reached to the main entrance, Fatima leading  M. Auwal.

Please come in, make yourself comfortable.
Why is it so dark in here, let me switch on the lights.

Where's the sw-,

"I am sorry!" Khaleefa's voice came from nowhere switching on the lights.

"I am sorry for everything that i have caused you this years, I wasn't good to you like the good old days, I regret abandoning you and not caring nor paying attention to you, I'm indeed a fool and not worthy of you, you deserve a much better person than me.. i am so sorry.. he completed all this while his knees on the cold tile.

"Honey!" why are you doing this, please stand up! I never took it to heart, I never meant it that way, so why are you apologizing for such silly things and in front of Dinar....please stop, I'm sorry for making you feel negative and worry much.
May Allah forgive us all.

"Ameen!" they both said while M. Auwal was watching the two, he interrupted with a cough drawing both their attention to him.

"Oh! I almost forgot, Khaleefa this is M. Auwal, M. Auwal this is my husband, she introduced.

Ina wuni baba (good afternoon),
Khaleefa greeted with a questioned look.

Lafiya lau da na ( I'm good my son) he replied.

They were done with pleasantries then a call from M. Auwal's phone interrupted them.

***********************

"Fatima!" what is this all about, you brought a stranger to the house without informing me, why....?

"Hubby!"  he is not a stranger.. let's not talk about this now.... I'll tell you everything later, please don't get upset with me baby.....

"Naughty girl!" let's go to the sitting room.

"Sannu baba!" Khaleefa greeted as he walked in the sitting room.

Let me bring water for you, fatima said.

Let it be, take Dinar upstairs she is fast asleep, I will bring refreshments for him.

"Okay!"....

"There is something strange with Fatima, I feel like I am connected to her in some way" - Malam Auwal speak in his mind.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hey 2021 wattpad peeps, finally 2021 has arrived....may 2021 be much more better and perfect, may it be the year we achieve our goals and be a much better person than we are, In Shaa Allah!
            Happy New Year 🌠🎊🎉

  Make sure to please burst my notification box with your amazing votes and comments.

        Enjoy your day!