Part 1

************************************

*pat pat*

Khadijah, Anisah, wake up it's almost time for school you're going to be late, Fatima called out!

Ugh! Why on earth will you disturb my peaceful slumber, Anisah intruded.

*yawns* Keh! Let me warn you if you ever wake me up again while I'm sleeping you will regret it, you better wake Anisah first and tell her to wake me up but not you with your filthy hands, Khadijah barked still squishing her sleepy eyes.

Yes, yes, I heard! And your breakfast is at the dining table, Fatima politely said.

"And your breakfast is at the dining table", Anisah mimicked in a way that Fatima left heartbroken .

After about fifteen minutes Khadijah and Anisah sauntered down and had their breakfast.
Once done Fatima took their backpacks to the car as usual and they were taken to school.

They attend St. Louis, Khadijah is in SS2 while Anisah is in JSS3, plus they only follow people of their class, especially Anisah..

********

FATIMA'S POV

I kept on sobbing uncontrollably not because of what Anisah did, well it was all part of it. But the main reason I was crying is how I was treated in this house, a day won't pass that I won't be miserably treated, sometimes with beating and the worst of it is even if I've done nothing I will still be punished.
Just because I'm a maid that doesn't mean I have to be treated like an animal, how I wish I can just run away but unfortunately I don't have anybody, so I'm stuck here like a prisoner.
I kept on crying and thinking until I heard footsteps approaching to me.
I quickly wiped my tears and pretended I was just having some fresh air.

Fatima! Ya Khaleefa's voice came.

Uhm... Yaya? Do you need anything, I asked gently.

No, nothing. What are you doing here if I may ask, huh? He asked raising his left brow.

Uhm, I, I, was just d- , he cut me off before I could complete my sentence.

Fatima!, he called out in the most sweetest voice.

Yes, Ya Khaleefa, I replied back.

Tell me what's wrong, is it Hajiya or those naughty brats!

No, no, it's actually nothing I was just having a good time here you know having some fresh air, and that's it, I lied!

Are you sure Fatima? Khalifah coldly asked.

"Yes" I simply added.

Okay, but if you need anything don't hesitate to call me, okay? I hope you know how to use the phone.

Yes, I can. And thank you.

He was Regarding to the phone he bought me as a gift from Canada, it was a IPhone 11max, but no one knew about it so I just use it when I'm in my dungeon, they call a room.

***********

Khadijah and Anisah were back from school, as Fatima heard the honk of the car she quickly went outside and waited for their arrival.

As the car was well parked, she went to the car to take their backpacks while they both trailed her steps.

*******
After preparing their bathing water, she went and made lunch ready and headed to their room again to inform them that lunch was ready.

Minutes passed and everybody was already down for lunch except for Fatima, she normally eats after everyone has eaten - that's Hajiya's doing .
Everybody was eating peacefully and serenely until Ya Khaleefa broke the silence.

Gwaggo (Hausa given name usually for elderly women ) that's what Khaleefa calls his mother.

Na'am, da na! (Yes, my son)

Uhm, why can't Fatima join us?

My son, do I look like a person who can eat in the presence of that disgusting human being, I can literally puke every single second my eyes set at her, Hajiya said with quite disgust on her face.

Haba Gwaggo why are you behaving this way, what have she done to you that you dislike her so badly, Khalifah asked.

Look my son, let's forget about this and continue with our food.

A'a gwaggo, until Fatima join us we will continue with her, okay? Khalifah said while placing his left palm on her's.

No! Hajiya barked, retrieving her palm from Khalifah's, if she has to come here then I can't stay here.

Yes, we won't stay either, khadijah and Anisah also said.

Before Khalifah could say another word they all left to their respective rooms with their food leaving him all alone.

Fatima had been listening to every conversation they had, well you can't say it was eavesdropping, she heard her name been involved so she decided to listen to what was going on.
After everyone left she came out from the spot she had been hiding and approached to khleefa.

Ya khaleefah! , she called out his name.

Na'am, Fatima! He answered back.

I heard all that happened between you and your family, you shouldn't have made them left angrily especially Hajiya. I think you should go and apologize to her, okay?

Fatima, I was just making a point, I mean you shouldn't be always left out or treated like a stranger, you have been working here for a long time so I was thinking it's high time we become one, Khalifah uttered.

I understand what you mean, but Ya Khalifah your family don't want to take me as part of them they despise me, they take me as just a maid which is right. So you shouldn't worry, things will be sorted out In Shaa Allah, but first go and apologize to your mother.

Yes, Fatima! And I want you to know you are also a sister to me just like those two naughty ones, I never want you to feel left out, always remember you have me as a brother , okay?

Uhm, Ya Khalifah, you really made me happy today, thank you. Fatima said almost like a whisper.

*****

Khalifah had to keep asking for forgiveness from his gwaggo before she finally forgives him.
With that he retired to his room and changed into his pj's before he was hitten by a slumber.

Meanwhile Fatima kept on thinking on the conversation she had with Ya Khalifah, it kept on trespassing in her mind, until she finally snooze off.......

************************************

Howdy everyone, it is a pleasure meeting you all again.
I hope you are a fan of ASID , and how do you like the first chapter.
I need to know how you all think about this book, is it a thumbs up or down,let me know.
But first kindly
Vote,
Comment,
Share.

Let's meet again on the next chapter.

Thank you ❤️