Part 22

"Alhamdulillah ala kulli halin"

************************************

Third Person's POV

Tragedy striked the family as the news got to everyone, nobody seemed to be alright since the bad news.

Khaleefa was worried sick about fatima, because she was really traumatized - she doesn't eat properly nor talks, only if necessary. She has become a hollow side of a person.

On the other hand, hajiya hasn't been normal either - she's tormented by everything she sowed.

Khadijah and Anisah moved to their paternal relatives for the meantime.
So khaleefa called aunt salma to say with hajiya for a while and a nurse to take care of her, so she won't be lonely.

***********************

I think we should live the house for a while, you know, change our environment it's good for our health, khaleefa suggested.

I don't think I can go anywhere, fatima simply said almost inaudible.

Why are you behaving stubborn, you will have to come with me and that is final, he ended with finality.

No! Please try to understand, I'm in pain and I don't feel like going anywhere, she debated.

Pain! Fatima, if only you know how I'm feeling right now you won't be telling me you are in pain. Well, certainly you are in pain I know that but I can tell that I'm in much pain than you.
She raised her brows in preplexity needing more explanation.

If you know how my heart is boiling in rage, you won't utter pain again.
My mother killed my own father, she didn't took pity of me and my siblings because of her selfish act. She didn't hesitate to think that we will be orphans, she still went ahead and killed our father.
Do you know how I feel if I remember the fact that my very own biological mother killed our father, I become all distress and the pain i am feeling cannot be measured by anything.
I am just being strong for us, I'm trying to be strong for the family in this difficult time.
I do understand your pain too, but one way or the other we have to be strong and put things aside.

I just want us to go out and spend some time with each other, it's been long and I hate seeing you this way.
You are even adding salt to my wound by seeing you look like this, all pale and somber.

I am really sorry, i kept thinking only about myself and i totally forgotten how you were feeling too, please forgive me babe.

I think you don't have to apologize for anything, because you will be sorry tonight he ended with a heart melting wink.
Get up, let's get you ready. I want to see the old fatima.

So now I am new to you, you'll regret saying this I promise!

Whatever!
He carried her bridal style and took her to her room, took a shower and got dressed together and happily went out.

It was quite a while to see the two reviving back to earth, smile plastered on their faces, vocally, soundly and audible to one another thinking about nothing other than their selves.
That night was one of "the best nights"