14 || Selfish

Hongjoong was taken aback by what Seonghwa did. He was currently in a tight hug with Seonghwa, while he cried on his shoulder. He was in shock as to what he did or said, that Seonghwa suddenly thanked him, hugged him and started crying. His eyes were wide for some time until he gained his self a bit.

Hesitantly, he stretched his arms to hug Seonghwa back. He was about to hug him back when he stopped in his path. Was he doing alright? What if it made Seonghwa mad or something worse? Keeping the thoughts at the back of his mind for the time, he hugged Seonghwa back.

Seonghwa, couldn't hold it after what he heard Hongjoong say earlier. He doesn't care what Hongjoong would think, he just wants to cry right now. Suddenly, he felt two arms around him. 'Is it true?' He asked himself surprised. He was surprised that Hongjoong was hugging him back.

"Seonghwa? You alright? Don't worry. I am here for you now! Just cry out how much you want!" He heard Hongjoong say to him. He just hugged Hongjoong tighter and cried out. Hongjoong's heart hurt to see Seonghwa cry out like this. He doesn't know the reason to why Seonghwa was crying but since he doesn't want to force him into telling, he'll just stay here for him and let him have his time.

He doesn't want Seonghwa to cry but maybe this is the best for right now. It was after around one hour of crying, that Seonghwa pulled away. He felt much better though he was scared to look in Hongjoong's eyes. "Do you feel better, Seonghwa?" He heard Hongjoong ask him.

He just nodded not saying anything to him. He didn't look up until he felt Hongjoong's hand take his. He looked up immediately at Hongjoong who was putting something on his hand. It was a......bracelet? Why was Hongjoong doing that?! He immediately spoke up.

"H-Hongjoong what are you doing-g?" He asked Hongjoong, surprised as to why Hongjoong was putting the bracelet on his wrist. "I am doing......BLACK MAGIC on you! Hehe just joking! Let me put it before......" Hongjoong said not looking up at him, busy putting it properly while laughing a bit at what he said before. Seonghwa just stayed quiet after that, looking at the bracelet.

The bracelet was really cute and pretty. It was a simple double silver chain with a small silver half moon attached with one chain at both tips, while the other chain attached a sapphire blue star near the moon. It looked simple but beautiful.

After Hongjoong was completed putting the bracelet on his wrist Seonghwa decided to speak. "Hongjoong, why did you give me this? I can't take this!" Seonghwa spoke unsure of Hongjoong's actions.

Hongjoong just smiled sweetly like usual and then took Seonghwa's hand in his again."It's a gift for you from me. A promise that I am here for you and that I care for you, Seonghwa. So, please keep it, at least for me." Hongjoong said still looking at the bracelet he gave Seonghwa.

"B-But I really can't! It must be important to you, Hongjoong." Seonghwa spoke to him. He didn't know about what the bracelet meant to Hongjoong or if it was Hongjoong's in the first place. But he had a feeling it must be Hongjoong's, cause how can Hongjoong come up with a bracelet out of sudden? It's not like he bought it before knowing all this would happen.

"Seonghwa, it is really important and precious to me and that's why I am giving it to you. Please keep it." Hongjoong said to Seonghwa making a face that showed Hongjoong would feel bad if Seonghwa refused to keep it. "But......okay, I would. But can you tell me why did you give it to me only- I mean why did you...." Seeing Seonghwa struggle with his questions Hongjoong just interrupted him, cause he had an idea what actually Seonghwa wanted to ask.

"Seonghwa, listen! This is a bracelet my parents gave me on my 8th birthday and so this is actually the last gift I had from them. This bracelet was to let me know that whenever I feel alone, I can look at it and this will make me remember that, my parents and the ones who love and care for me are with me,That there is always someone to be by my side." Seonghwa listened Hongjoong speak and he felt himself get lost in his words.

"And now that I know I am not alone, I have my mom, my dad, my grandma, my friends and you, I want you to keep this and know that whatever happens, you aren't alone and that I am here for you. That I am here by you side. Just look at it whenever you feel lonely and remember me, okay?" Hongjoong said looking up at Seonghwa with a warm smile.

This made Seonghwa want to cry more, seeing how Hongjoong considered him one of the people in his life and how he was ready to stay by him and not care about what he holds with him. But he held himself, he has cried alot he doesn't want to do that anymore or Hongjoong will feel bad.

"But Hongjoong it's your parents' gift for you! How can you give it me?! I am sorry I really can't keep it now that I know it's by your parents." Seonghwa said to Hongjoong again. Sighing, Hongjoong then looked at Seonghwa and spoke again."Okay, okay! You can give it back to me But!" Hongjoong paused for a bit before speaking the last part.

"After you feel that You aren't alone and that I am here for you and not only I but everyone here is there for you! You can return me the day you don't feel alone anymore, okay?" Hongjoong said to Seonghwa while giving him a look that said- if you don't agree to this then I won't agree to let you give it back either.

"Okay! Then I'll try my best to return it as fast as possible!" Seonghwa smiled in return. And Hongjoong must say he was lost in Seonghwa's smile. He saw Seonghwa smile this big for the first time and he was lost in the beautiful smile Seonghwa had. 'Why doesn't Seonghwa smile more often? He looks so beautiful and angelic!' Hongjoong thought while looking at Seonghwa's face.

Seonghwa,on the other hand, had finally made a choice and it was 'To stop his inner self and be selfish' After what he saw in Hongjoong he just wants to become someone who doesn't feel, more of doesn't want to feel alone anymore. Why? He wants to return the bracelet back to Hongjoong. He wants Hongjoong to have his parents' gift back to him cause it's precious and important to him.

And if Hongjoong can give something as precious and important thing as this to him, just because he cares for him, then he'll make the choice to stop his inner self and be selfish just to see Hongjoong back with the bracelet.

*******************
Okay, everybody! The next chapter is up!!

I want to say a few words so read carefully guys.

As I always say:

A writer when writes, creates characters in a way that reflects what he wants to be, is currently, will never want to be, will want to try once, etc.

Every single word and character reflects the writer and that it is the writer's part only.

And so I just want to tell you guys that whatever I wrote in the story till now, whatever characters I created till now are a part of me. And so, I want to say that you guys are never alone.

That, I am here for you and if you ever feel it's too much just never hesitate to come and tell me. I'll be happy to help anyone out there.

(Just know you have me, my friend and I am not reciprocating but doing what I want to and I should.)