31 || Six years

The winters this year were harsh as the doctor rubbed his hands together to warm them up after a whole day of tiring rounds of patients moving in and out of his cabin. Suddenly, a voice called him from behind as he was making his way to get a coffee from hospital cafeteria. Turning around to find a nurse running after him to grab his attention, the doctor raised his eyebrows.

"Yes Nurse Baek?" Asking the nurse, as the black haired doctor stuffed his hands in his white coat pocket, he examined her expression. Why did he feel like this was happening again? The nurse gave him a nervous smile as she motioned her head towards where the doctor's cabin was. Sighing, as his hand came to his eyes, a thumb on one eye while the index fingers rested on the other, he shut them closed as he rubbed them.

"It's him again, right?" Asking with the certain answer with him already guessed, he saw the nurse nod with a hopeless expression. "Sorry, Dr." The nurse gave the doctor a pat on the shoulder before moving past him. Huffing in slight anger, the doctor made way to his cabin. He was too stubborn. He always wanted only him to treat him– not that he complains, he would rather treat him himself forever then let anyone touch him– when a normal nurse could do that too. But, this wasn't the reason of his anger. They had to talk about something after he's treated.

Sitting in the room with a sprain in his ankle, the patient remembers his fellow friend, Felix dropping him off to the hospital on his bike as he couldn't ride it with a sprained ankle for sure. Pouting, as he stared at his ankle he heard the doctor enter the room. Immediately starting his world class acting, the patient whined. "Ahh!! Doctor!!! It hurts!!" Shutting his eyes, tightly as he grabbed onto his leg just above his ankle crying out in pain.

The doctor just sighed, shaking his head before moving towards his last moment patient before he would be off to home. "I know it hurts but stop over acting." The doctor said as he grabbed his patient's ankle with his soft hands before looking up at his patient. "Grab onto my shoulder if you want. You feel pain too easily anyways." Speaking seriously with a concerned tone, the doctor hid a smirk behind as he saw his patient roll his eyes at his statement.

The doctor immediately pulled his ankle and twisted it a few times as the patient finally found himself shouting on the top of his lungs in pain, as he gripped onto his shoulder, his eyes shut tightly. "Why do you ride so harshly if you Can't bear the pain?" The doctor muttered a little unhappily as he let go of his patient's ankle.

The patient was about to speak up in return until the doctor's phone buzzed from his pocket. Raising his eyebrows, he looked down and took out his phone only to see the caller ID. Immediately smiling to see it was his lovely girlfriend's call, the doctor picked the call up, not bothering to go out either.

"Ah, my lovely child~ how are you and my child doing?" The other side asked as the doctor smiled brightly as the patient stayed curious looking up at him. "Ah, baby we're doing great! What about you?" The doctor asked as he heard his girlfriend chuckle at his first words. "Ah, I'm good my child. I called to let you know that I'll be home next week on your birthday, ok?" As the doctor heard her speak, he found himself growing happy like a kid before he showed his happiness through his words. After talking for a while she told him that she had to go. "Okay, baby see you soon. Take care and eat well. I and your child misses you alot. Mwahhh" The last part may feel too cringy for anyone's good but the doctor was too happy to care about it as he kissed his own phone's screen.

"How is she?" The patient asked curiously when he saw the doctor set the phone back into his pocket. "She is doing great. She says she'll be here next week around my birthday." As he said he couldn't help but smile until his face grew serious and he sat down, beside his patient. "We need to talk about something when we get back home, ok?" He said as he saw his patient nod uninterestedly as he knew what he meant before the doctor helped his patient get up and they walked out together only for the doctor to now ask for the bike's keys. The patient just nodded and gave them to him before they started off to their home.