28 || Truth PT.2

After that day Hongjoong had tried talking with Seonghwa again as normally they used to. Though the question about his feelings was still nagging him somewhere at the back of his head. Seonghwa wasn't any better, he was actually thankful they were back to normal. It was probably right to stay as what they are than to be greedy for more when it's something you surely can't have. He knew it Hongjoong wouldn't like him in that way.

Seonghwa and the others had even met with Hongjoong's grandma and as best as Seonghwa could describe that experience he could say 'it isn't something that can be described.' Hongjoong's grandma was a really sweet and lovely person.

Hongjoong's grandma was really happy to see that Hongjoong got so many friends here. And she was really happy to know they all loved Hongjoong alot. Hongjoong had told his grandma about how Seonghwa was similar to him though he doesn't know anything about his past yet. He told her how Seonghwa would stay away from everyone.

Grandma could see they were similar in different ways. Hongjoong was a kid who wanted to make friends but everyone stayed away from him while Seonghwa was a kid who everyone wanted to stay with but he decided to stay away from them himself.

And that's why though she considered everyone of them as her own grandsons she felt a different sort of Connection when it came Seonghwa. That connection was same as the one she felt with her grandson Hongjoong. She could see how much Seonghwa liked Hongjoong as well.

Sometimes when Hongjoong wouldn't be around and only him and grandma would be there he would often tell her how thankful he is to have Hongjoong as his friend. She was really happy to know that her grandson was someone people cherished alot and that there were many more with him now. Back then it was just her and Jungkook until everything changed. She just wished nothing wrong happens this time.

As time passed and Hongjoong's birthday came nearer, winters came as well and with winters, their winter breaks knocked on their doors as well. It was one evening when Hongjoong and Seonghwa were just walking to the lake together. It had been a while since they went there.

They were talking happily until someone bumped into Hongjoong from the side and Hongjoong fell down on the sidewalk. It was a woman. She had a whole lot of makeup hiding her still easily recognisable slight wrinkles. Her lips were coated with dark red lipstick with her hair fully set as if she came out of a salon just a few minutes ago.

And to be honest she actually did. They had passed a salon just a few seconds ago. She had a alot of bags in her hand which had fallen down when she bumped into Hongjoong. She immediately shrieked out. "You!!! Are you blind!!! Can't you walk properly?!!" Hongjoong didn't recognize her while Seonghwa didn't look up as he was helping him get up and check if he was alright or not.

"S-sorry." Hongjoong said politely before he got up with Seonghwa's help who helped him dust his clothes off. "Sorry?! Are you serious?! You dropped all my bags?! And you say sorry?!?!?" She shouted at him and Hongjoong just looked at her in confusion.

"Hey, I said I'm sorry. It was you who bumped into me anyways." Hongjoong spoke out softly but the woman wouldn't listen until a familiar voice sounded in Hongjoong's ears. For some reason it sounded really dark and angry. "Can you stop?!" It was Seonghwa and his expressions were darker than his voice. Hongjoong was a little scared too.

"Who are you to cut me off in between?! Didn't your mother teach you ANYTHING?!?!" She was too angry now that she raised her hand towards Hongjoong but Seonghwa immediately stopped it mid air. Hongjoong had closed his eyes by now, until he opened them back when he didn't feel anything. He saw Seonghwa standing there in front of him with the woman's hand stopped by his.

"NO SHE DIDN'T!!! CAUSE YOU WERE NEVER A MOTHER TO BEGIN WITH!!! DON'T EVEN DARE COME NEAR HONGJOONG OR ANYONE RELATED TO ME!! YOU WON'T LEAVE HAPPILY!!!" Seonghwa shouted at the woman. Hongjoong was really confused all this while. His words were really confusing to him. He didn't understand. But he was sure a little scared of Seonghwa for now.