chapter 2.

Antonio De'Luca

Antonio De'Luca

"Alright, so we have Seb and Luca working on getting the drugs distributed in Italy, and then they will be here in one week tops," Alessio reported as he sat across from me in my home office at 8:30 in the morning.

"And how is the company going ?"I asked, toying with the family ring we all had on our index fingers.

"Great, the numbers are doing good and we just landed a big investor," Alessio continued to go over how successful our billion-dollar companies were.

Out of all of us, Alessio is more of the neat-control freak. Everything has to go according to plan on the exact minute in his book. Even though he's the third oldest, he's more of the mother hen out of my brothers.

"Good."I praise, dismissing the subject.

"Did Alessandro finish the background check on their stepfather?" I asked, replaying the events of seeing Alex physically choke herself while having a nightmare from last night.

"About that,"Alessio began, adjusting himself in the seat."Alessandro couldn't find anything on him at all.''

"What do you mean nothing, "I spit out getting pissed ."Surely the motherfucker isn't a ghost."

"He said there were no records of James Monroe that was related to Aurora or the twins"Alessio explained."Bullshit ."

"Tell him to dig deeper, "I demand, grabbing my phone and calling Abigail."In the meantime, I'm sending them to Abby today to take their minds off of things ."

"Ok, see you for breakfast," he said before walking out of the office.I let out a big sigh of annoyance as Abby answered the phone.

"What's wrong? "She asked, instantly sensing that something was off."Nothing just stress."I grunt leaning my head back, running my hand through my messy morning hair.

"Anything I can help with ?" She asked with her calm, soothing voice.

One thing I loved about Abby was her voice. It was soft and calming and always soothed me when I was having a moment.

"Actually yes, "I said as I sat back up and put her on speaker."Do you have any open spaces at the salon today ?"

"Umm yes, we're actually closed today so it'll be empty. I'll be going by after I walk Juniper."

"Did you need to bring the twins by or anything ?"She asked as I heard her moving around.

"Yes, please. They start school soon and I wanted them to have all that girly shit done or whatever."I smile as her angelic laughter filled my ears.

"Ok Antonio," she said trying to control her laughter." just have the twins bring them by later since I know that everyone else is busy today."

"Thanks, gorgeous."I grin knowing that her face is probably bright red right now.