bonus chapter +2

Abigail Romano- De'luca

'' Welcome back Abigail and Antonio,'' Dr. Martin walked into the exam room, all smiley as she greeted us. I stood up to greet her, wrapping my arms around her slim body for the first time in a long time. ''And who is this pretty girl?'' She stooped down in front of Violeta.

Violeta gave her a toothy grin, a few of her teeth missing, her adult ones quickly filling up the empty gaps. ''Violeta Sol Romano-De'Luca.'' I smiled softly at her as she shook Dr. Martin's hand.

Violeta was intelligent for her age, which wasn't surprising when she was in a family full of gifted people. It seemed like it just came naturally for them to hold themselves up to a higher standard when it came to academics.

When they graduated high school, both sets of twins ranked higher than ten in their class ranks. Alex and Alessa both reached high, coming in, in the top three.

'' She's so well-spoken for her age,'' Dr. Martin observed as she began to set up for my ultrasound. '' Is she excited about the baby?''

A broad smile stretches along my lips as I make myself comfortable on the exam chair.'' Oh, she's very excited about being a big sister. Isn't that right V?'' I turned to my daughter who was standing in between her father's legs, her head tilted upwards towards him as she stuck her tongue out at Antonio.

He simply pinched her nose, causing her to let a small giggle before snapping her head towards me. '' Yes, I want to meet them right now, I don't think that I could wait nine months.'' She impatiently expressed, putting on a show of slouching against Antonio's lap.

Dr. Martin chuckled in amusement, '' She's a smart kid for just five years old.''

''I just turned six this month,'' Violeta corrected, holding up six fingers. Dr. Martin's eyes widened in shock as I nodded my head, it's been six years already. Every day I look at her she seems to grow into this strong, independent little girl, and I find myself wondering where all the time went.    

'' Oh wow, six years old,'' Dr. Martin says in awe, motioning for me to lean back in the chair. I lift my shirt, preparing to feel the coldness of the gel being squirted onto my skin.

'' Wanna get a closer look V ?'' I said to Violeta.

She nodded her head quickly, yanking herself out of Antonio's hold to come up next to the exam chair. Antonio came up behind her, picking her up so that she could see the screen as Dr. Martin moved the transducer around.
Soon we were able to spot a small dot on the screen, Violeta let out a small gasp as she pointed to it. '' It looks like a peanut,'' her raspy laugh filled the room as I squinted my eyes at the screen.

Huh- it did look like a peanut.

'' Ready to hear the heartbeat?'' Dr. Martin asked as she switched out the transducer for the fetoscope. A moment of silence washed over the room as she moved the device around my flat belly.