chapter 11.

Abigail Romano

Abigail Romano

"Congratulations you're pregnant" Dr. Ross said as she stilled the probe on my stomach.

"Pregnant "I squeaked with wide eyes at the screen.

"Considering how small the size of the fetus is, I would say you're about two to three weeks,"She turned around and looked at me  ."You're in the very early stages of pregnancy and should be able to hear the heartbeat around twelve weeks.

"I'll schedule you an appointment with our ob-gyn specialist, Dr.Jackie. She'll be taking over from here. Congratulations you two."Dr. Ross said, handing me a paper towel ."I'll be right back with the paperwork."She walking out the room giving us privacy.

I quickly sat up and scrapped off the gel that sat on my stomach. I pulled my pants and shoes back on as we sat in silence.

I'm pregnant with Antonio's baby and we've only been together for four, almost five months. He's the love of my life and I know that he's going to be my forever so it shouldn't be a problem, but with this world— you never know what to expect. I'm finding myself having mixed emotions regarding this little peanut growing inside of me right now.

I'm very happy and grateful to have this man by my side, and to have him be the father of my child. At the same time, I fear for both of us because we have to be careful in our line of work. I can't raise a baby by myself if something happens to him or vice versa. I mean I've got my shit together but a baby is a full-time job.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair, and sat back down on the chair while massaging my scalp.

"Are you going to be quiet for the rest of the appointment, or are you going to say something?"Antonio finally spoke up as he took my hand in his while rubbing small circles.

"What am I supposed to say? "I asked with another frustrated sigh ."I mean we just got together a few months ago and now we have another life to worry about while dealing with multiple targets on our backs ."My voice cracks as I finished the sentence."How can we bring another life into this business?" I turned towards him to see his eyes turning glossy as well.

"You don't want to abort it right?" he asked softly as he got up and crouched in front of me.
"No, God no, "I said as I reached out and touched his cheeks ."I'm so happy to be pregnant with your baby, but we also have to face the reality of the world we live in. Our child is not only the heir to one, but two of the most powerful mafia's and will have targets on their backs 24/7."I reminded him, rubbing his cheeks softly ."I think we should keep it secret for now just in case we run into any more problems. I just want to go through a safe and stress-free pregnancy."

"Baby,  we have more time to worry about that,"he said as he kissed my palms ."We'll double security and make sure everyone is alert and that we are all protected at all times whenever you do decide to announce it. I will always be here to keep you both safe and as protected as possible." he promised, while placing a hand on my stomach.