chapter 33.

Abigail Ramono

Abigail Ramono

Today was the day.

Today was the day I became one step closer to welcoming my baby into the world. I was now eight months pregnant and ready to pop.

It had been a few weeks since Antonio's been back, and I've been keeping him closer to me more than ever. I made him have Scarlet take over at the office so that he could start working from home. It didn't take much convincing after I pulled out the waterworks and had him bending over backward to do whatever I wanted.

I woke up to an empty bed and no Antonio. As my eyesight adjusted to the light, I finally noticed the big box at the edge of the bed.

After struggling to get out of bed, I walked towards the bow and pulled it towards me. Inside was a gorgeous cream-colored silk dress that I had seen while shopping for the baby. Looking inside the box, I found a little note at the bottom.

Be ready at 3 o'clock.

I walked out of the room and realized that it was oddly quiet around here.

''No Alessandro,'' I heard Alessa say from the kitchen, '' The balloons go over the arch—"

When she finally noticed me standing in the kitchen, her eyes went wide before quickly    saying, ''I got to go, remember what I said.''

'' Good morning Abby, '' Alex said sliding a plate of avocado toast and eggs in front of me.''Good morning, where is everyone,'' I asked as I picked up my fork.

''They had some work to finish up at the club."Alessa said, passing me some cream for my tea.''We figured that we'd meet up with Tati and Maria later on.''

''Sure, just let me go get dressed."I said finishing up my food.''Oh and bring the dress with you.''Alex called out after me.

I threw on some stretchy maternity pants and an oversized sweater. Grabbing my overnight bag, I filled it with shoes to match the dress, since I already had some stuff left over at Tati's. After making sure that I had everything I need, I walked out of the room and down to the foyer.

''Perfect,'' Alex said opening the door for me as Alessa helped me down the steps.''You guys it's just three steps.''

''Three steps that you could easily slip and fall on,'' Alex said to me as she opened the door.''We aren't taking any chances here''

After the accident and everything with Antonio, the whole family had been on alert. Alex and Alessa were waiting on me hand and foot, whenever Antonio was busy with work. It was a little overbearing but I knew that they were only worried for my safety.

The ride over to Tati's was filled with us singing our hearts out Rihanna and laughing. I liked spending this quality time with the girls. In the period of them being back, I felt this overwhelming feeling of protectiveness over them. I couldn't have asked for better sisters-in-law to be my child's aunt.