chapter 30.

Alessio De'luca

I fucking hated press conferences, they were a waste of time and allowed nosey-ass reporters to pry into your life. As of right now I hated reporters even more seeing as though they decided to camp outside the hospital that Antonio was being transferred to after they get him from Levi's grimy little hands.

I got stuck on damage control today. Yay me.
Can you sense the sarcasm? Good

"Hello everyone I'm pretty sure as you all know my brother had an accident at his office two weeks ago which was very hard for our family and that's why we asked for it to be kept in private and out of the papers."I say into the mic as the cameras flashed and the reporters talked over one another but I continued."Unfortunately, you leech always end up sticking your little noses in the business where it doesn't belong."

"I would tell you to mind the business that pays you, but sadly you are getting paid for this job so I'll say it more clearly and nicely. My brothers' health at the moment is a private matter, the only piece of information that my family will allow you to know is that he is fine and will be back on his feet in no time."

I turned around to leave but Scarlet stopped me making me groan in frustration."Scarlet if you stopped me to tell me I have to entertain these vultures I will tell them to go get fucked in the ass on National television "I said quietly away from the mic.

"Sir you have to answer questions, "she said to win in as I gave her a quick side glare before turning back to the mic and composed myself before asking "Is there any questions that you have at this time "

And like the hungry vultures they are, they started squawking for attention."You with the blue scarf" I say to the woman in the middle."Um how -would you um"

Oh, fuck me.

"Stop, "I say interrupting her "You got called on and don't even have your questions together, next time be more prepared or don't show up, "I say pointing to the next person as she stood there flabbergasted.

I answered a few more questions until I saw the wild curly hair of my oh so favorite reporter. Again, Can you sense the sarcasm?

Although today she was oddly quiet as she assessed me in my favorite game I like to call"making reporters lives a living hell "

"Ahhh Karma from the New York Times "I call her out as she shoots glares at me "Do you have any actual questions to ask unlike your dim-witted colleagues "

She looks at me for a moment before opening her pretty little mouth and asked "What do you say about the rumors tying your family to the Italian Mafia"

Oh Karma, you shouldn't have asked that question. I liked you, probably a little more than I should have.

I tilted my head to the side a little staring her down as I opened my mouth and said "We have debunked these false rumors to every media outlet who had asked them, so I will say it once more to get it into your incompetent minds so that this will be the last time any of you ask my family this question again."I speak harshly into the mic as the room goes silent.

"If you wish to have a job the next time you interview my family again if you get the chance, "I say side glancing to Karma who looked like a deer caught in headlights."My family has not been involved in the mafia or have had dealings with the mafia. We would like for you to stop asking questions regarding the rumor and stop spreading the rumor as well. We have worked hard building our companies from the ground up for generations and don't want this to ruin our reputation and good name. Thank you " I said as I turned around signaling to Scarlet that this shit show was over.

"Karma, Karma, Karma, "I say as I lean on the door of her Mercedes."You just don't know when to keep that pretty little mouth of yours closed huh."I asked as she stood frozen in her place.

"Ok look, "She said finally speaking after she snapped out of her trance."My boss has been badgering me about this damn question ever since the gala and I had to ask or else it would've been my ass on the line here "

I tilted my head to the side allowing a strand of my dirty blond hair to fall in my eyes as I watched her rant about her almost losing her job over this stupid-ass question. She was quite beautiful if I'm being honest. Too bad I would never be able to trust her.

"I could honestly give two shits of your family is involved in this mafia bullshit ."She says trying to convince herself more than me.

Lie.

"Look, "I say after she was done trying to lie to herself about the topic."Tell your boss to stop poking around where his nose doesn't belong unless he wants us to sue that entire newspaper for defamation."I tell her as she starts to fiddle with her fingers."Now C'mere"I demand lowly which set her sexy little legs moving.

At this point, we were playing a game that neither of us wanted to admit involvement in. I wasn't supposed to become infatuated with the girl and she wasn't supposed to return the same energy.

Yet here we fucking are. It was always emotional, never physical. It could never get physical, not right now at least, or ever.

"You're an asshole you know that, "she said trailing her fingers down my suit ." dim-witted and incompetent, "She asks with raised brows as she looked up at me.

I smirked slightly before moving a strand of hair behind her ear."Your profession annoys the shit out of me for obvious reasons "I say moving my head from side to side ."Some personal reasons, others justified "I said looking down at my watch and realizing that they probably had Antonio by now and was on their way to the hospital.

"I have to get back, "I say dropping my hand."Until next time Karma, "I say walking away from her feeling her eyes follow my gaze.

"Until next time De'Luca, "she says and a few seconds later I hear heels clacking in the concrete.

And so it begins for them.

The reason I added this chapter was to give you some insight into how his relationship with Karma is right now and setting it up for his story. This was just a surprise POV, we will be back to the regularly scheduled program tomorrow.

Also thanks to those who wished I felt better, Ibuprofen is a girl's best friend lol.

𝕀𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞: 𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕨_𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕥𝟙𝟚𝟛
𝕋𝕚𝕜𝕥𝕠𝕜: 𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕥_𝟙𝟚𝟛
𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣: 𝔸𝕝𝕖𝕩𝕚𝕤𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕤_

𝕀𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞: 𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕨_𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕥𝟙𝟚𝟛𝕋𝕚𝕜𝕥𝕠𝕜: 𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕪𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕥_𝟙𝟚𝟛𝕋𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣: 𝔸𝕝𝕖𝕩𝕚𝕤𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕤_