A Pair Of Gits

——————

They arrived at Hogwarts after a confusing ride there.

Between trying to keep up with the conversation between her friends and attempting to force herself to get those thoughts involving Ron Weasley out of her head she was very distracted the whole journey.

Her and Ron had never gotten on, Eliza wasn't sure why but there had always been negative tension between them.

From throwing nicknames at each other as opposed to using their names to barging past each other when they went by in the halls.

She got on well with Harry and his stupid sense of humour. He had even stayed with her one Christmas when the Weasley's had gone back off to Egypt, but her stepdad of course had to ruin that by making poor Harry's time there just as tense and uncomfortable as Eliza's always was.

Her and Hermione were close too and often studied together in the library.

But her and Ron couldn't hold a civil conversation without it turning into an issue or argument.

                               —————

Everyone started getting seated in the great hall for the first years sorting ceremony, Eliza said see you later to Jackson and sat down next to Delilah.

After some time George Weasley sat in the seat on the other side of her with Fred Weasley next to him.

Eliza hadn't spoken to them much but always thought they were very funny but she also knew that some people found them very annoying.

She was yet to form an opinion on them.

Dumbledore started his usual boring start of term feast announcements.

She was looking around when she spotted Ron sitting at the row across from her, a few seats down.

He was sitting next to Harry while Hermione appeared to be gurning at them both for something, he wasn't paying any attention, his big blue eyes were staring deeply, passionately, almost as if he was in love. She looked over , wondering what he was eyes were so fixated on....

It was the feast.

Of course it was.

She subtlety shook her head and looked back up at him, his sharp jaw clenched as Hermione yelled.
"Ronald Weasley are you even listening to me, is is completely unacceptable for you two to even consider stealing the Ford Anglia after what happened last time!"

He just rolled his eyes and ignored her.

"Staring huh?" George whispered to Eliza startling her.

"Wow what a fright you gave me George, what are you on about?"

"I can see you" he responded.

"We can see you" Fred added as they both smirked.

"I... don't know what... you are pair are on about"  Eliza stuttered, they had seen her staring at their brother and they could easily tell them what they had seen.

"You were staring at Ron" Fred sung.

"Good looking fellow, isn't he?" George said raising his eyebrow.

"Nothing on us though obviously" they said simultaneously while pretending to flip their hair.

"Oh piss off I was not" she replied hitting George on the shoulder.

"Who was it then, Harry?" Fred teased.

"No it was definitely Ron , he may not be the chosen one but he certainly will be the one she chooses" George laughs.