Mood Flowers

Ron

She slipped her hand in mine and walked close to me for warmth as we began to walk towards through the forest that was next to the burrow.

"Only a few days before school goes back, are you looking forward to it?" She asked me.

"Ah yes, there's nothing I love more than looking at Snape's happy face and getting my arms clawed by Crookshanks"

I looked down at her nose which wrinkled as she laughed and felt an uncontrollable smile pulling at the corners of my lips.

We got to the forest and as soon as we walked in it became a lot darker as the tree tops covered the light.

Eliza clung to me as the leaves crunched under our feet and the trees rustled in the slight wind.

I stood on a stick and the sound of it snapping made her jump.

"You're not scared of the dark are you?" I asked her as her breathing became shallow.

"Of course I'm not" she scoffed as she let go of me and walked alone to prove her point.

I watched as she hugged her arms around her body and her eyes scanned the forest wearily and laughed at her clearly scared expression.

We kept on walking as she tried to hide her fear.

"Look Ron" I heard her say as I turned around to see her kneeling at a patch of flowers.

She picked one and it instantly turned from white to purple.

She gasped and dropped it.

"Those are mood flowers El, they change colour according to the mood that the person holding it is in" I told her.

"That's so cool, what's purple?"

"It's um, fear" I said with a smile.

"Well they obviously don't bloody work then" she said throwing it on the ground and standing back up.

She stormed off for a second before stopping to wait for me as she was clearly still fearful.

I picked up the flower and turned her around to face me.

"If you say you're not scared of the dark then I believe you but at least hold my hand, to make me feel better" I said to her as I held her chin.

"Fine" she said grabbing my hand and rolling her eyes as she tried not smile.

I slipped the flower into her hair and she smiled up at me.

"It's Pink" I whispered.

"What does pink mean?" She asked as she went cross eyed trying to look up at the flower.

"It means love"

Her cheeks which were already red with the cold became an even deeper crimson.

"Hmm well maybe they do work then" she sighed before giving me a peck and then continuing to walk, pulling me along with her.

I halted us both as we got to the turn in where there was a little wooden swing that hung from a tree branch.

She quickly let go off my hand and ran over to it, jumped on and started to swing eagerly.