Being the new kid

ACE'S POV

I move a lot so I should be used to it by now. Though there is something different about this particular school. Everyone seemed to talk about how only the "delinquent" type of teenagers went here. Why I'm forced to move here and go to this school, I'm not sure. Many people have said that the students here are mean and trouble.

When I walk into Xavier High School...I see that all the rumors are in fact true.

The guys wrestle against the lockers, making me feel as if I'm in some cliche movie. The girls giggle and ogle at the guys, as if they were actually doing something impressive.

I let out a breath, preparing myself.

"Ace Miller" the principle greats me in her office. "Welcome to Xavier High School, we are so glad to have you."

I let the corner of my mouth turn up a little in a slight smile. "I'm glad to be here, Mrs. Smith. Thank you"

She smiles broadly and hands me a sheet of paper, her arm extended across the desk between us. "This is your schedule" she hands me another paper immediately after I take the first. "This is your locker number and combination."

"Don't let any of the kids here bother you" she tells me "being the new kid will be tough around here."

Well thanks, your so kind. I say to myself sarcastically in my head

I leave the office and head down the hall to find my locker.

Trying to ignore the stares and comments, I keep my head down, not making eye contact. My biggest fear is someone approaching me and making fun of me in front of God and Everybody.

I make my shaggy brown hair fall over my hazel eyes. I put my hands in my sweatshirt pockets. The best way to handle situations like this is to stay invisible. If they can't see you then nothing bad could happen. Right?

"He's cute!" I hear a girl say

I can't help the slight smile that that reaches my mouth when I hear this pointed my way... but I still don't look up. My invisibility idea clearly didn't work as well as I thought but it's better to be talked about nicely than not at all.

I see my locker and I put in the combination. I open it and put my stuff in it.

Out of the corner of my eye I see someone staring at me. I don't look long enough to actually take in what she looked like. I just give her a smile and turn away, going down the hall to my first class. I'm probably going to get those stares all day, no matter how uncomfortable they make me.

"Class this is Ace Miller, he is new here at Xavier high and I hope you all welcome him." The teacher, Ms. Hannah, says.

I smile and sit down in my seat.

"Hey, I'm johnny" a guy in front of me says as he turns around

"Ace" I say simply

"You came here from Southern High, right?"

I nod "yeah, my dad got a job here so we had to move"

"That's a long ways away"

I agree "yeah, about four or five hours from here I'm guessing"

"Well Xavier is a lot different from Southern"

I give a laugh "yeah, I could tell the second I stepped into the school."

He chuckles "yeah, but it'll be an experience you'll never forget."

"What do you mean"

"You will see things here that you wont see anywhere else, you'll meet people you thought you only saw on TV. And you'll meet some they you wish you never met." He informs me. "It'll turn you into a person you never thought you would be. This school has a strange effect on people."