that was a dick move

ACE'S POV

Tracey picks me up from jail the next morning. We ride in her car in silence. I lean my elbow against the console between us, occasionally glancing at Tracey.

She grips the steering wheel hard, so hard that her knuckles begin to turn white. Her jaw is set and her eyes stare straight at the road.

After a good five minutes of pure silence, I finally speak up.

"What's wrong with you?"

She glares over at me "you are so lucky I'm nice enough to pick you up instead of telling your parents" she snaps

I sigh and put my head in my hand

"Do you know how much of an asshole you look like right now?" She continues "that was a dick move yesterday at the fair. I can't believe you would do that to her! That was beyond rude! I don't know what had gotten into you but I didn't like it"

I roll my eyes

"And you were a dick to me when I did nothing wrong." She says "and you decided to beat the shit out of Blake!"

I glare "how about we not talk about this?"

"Sammy asked you that yesterday but you made her discuss it." She remarks

"Just shut the fuck up and drive!" I yell, sitting up straight

She quickly shuts her mouth and just drives

"Goddamn it, I asked you nicely" I shake my head "why don't you listen to me, huh? I said I don't want to talk about it then I don't want to talk about it. I don't give a fuck about what was said yesterday"

She bites her lip

"What is going on to make you act like this?" She whispers

I slam my fist on the dash board "what the fuck do you think?! I'm gunna be a father in what? Seven months?" I yell "how the fuck am I supposed to pay for that kid?!"

She doesn't look at me "you know I could give you work, ace"

I nod "yeah I know. And that's exactly what I need so i would appreciate it if you hooked me up with some work"

"I can do that" she assures me

I reach over and take one of her hands off the steering wheel so I can hold it "I'm sorry I yelled at you" I apologize

She gives a soft smile "its okay" she says "but it you do it again you will regret it"

I chuckle and twine my fingers through hers "alright"

"You should apologize to Sammy"

I shake my head "I can't do that"

"Why not? You really hurt her"

I shrug "I said what needed to be said"

She raises her eyebrows at me "you looked like you were about to hit her not one but two times, ace. And you called her out in front of everyone at the fair. That sucked for her. You were the last person she would expect to do that"

"She invited us to double date at the fair because she didn't want to go to the fair for the first time without you being there." She tells me "she wanted to go there with you without being rude to Blake so she set up a double date." I stare straight ahead "she wanted to have fun and you completely ruined that for her. She can never get that day back. She can't remember it as a fun time with ace but that horrible night she will try to but can't forget."

I stay quite for a minute "well its over now" I conclude "I can't go back and change things"

She sighs "but the least you can do is say your sorry"

"Fuck that" I say "I meant everything I said"

She doesn't reply but just drives on

Part of me feels guilty and the other part doesn't because I knew it had to be said. But maybe I could have been nicer about it.

Sammy and I have agreed upon one thing though. And that is that I can't go back and change things

Since I'm eighteen, the police didn't have to call my parents to pick me up because I'm an adult. Which gave me a great relief because I didn't want them to have to see me in handcuffs and in a jail cell.

"Thanks for picking me up" I say and give her a quick kiss

I step out of the car

"Whatever" she smiles "your a dick"

I laugh "I love it when you talk dirty to me, baby. Keep it coming"

She glare "shut my door"

I shut the door and watch her speed off.

Putting my hands in my pockets, I turn around and see Sammy standing up from her porch step, about to go inside. She must have heard me talking and doesn't want me seeing her.

"What's up, sexy lady?!" I call out with a grin

She hesitates before opening the door and I know she heard me "fuck you" she says loud enough for me to hear

I chuckle and walk up to my own house