surprise shopping

ACE'S POV

From the outside the house is really nice. It sits on about four acres of land. The house is all white on the outside and is two stories high. The porch is big and wraps around the house.

I step out of the truck and help Sammy out of her side.

"Hi!" The woman says and holds out her hand "I'm Sarah Ann and I will be showing the house to you today"

Sammy gasps from next to me but instantly covers her mouth with her hand.

I shake the woman's hand "Ace Miller"

"Pleasure to meat you" she says "and you must be Sammy"

Sammy smiles politely even though she clearly wants to rip my head off right now "hi" she holds out a hand and Sarah shakes it.

"Right this way" Sarah says and leads us towards the house. "This is a classic house" she tells us "it has everything a couple and a child would want. It has four acres so that there is plenty of play space for the child and possible friends he or she may want to have over."

My heart warms up at that and Sammy hides a smile

"Very friendly neighborhood do I have heard from others" she tells us

We step inside the house and I gape at it.

The house is so open, windows are everywhere and the sun shines through them just right.

It has an elegant feel to it with the chandeliers hanging from the ceilings and the hard wood floors in the halls.

The living room has a white carpet and a christal chandelier in the center of it. It is a really big room.

There is a dining room that is big as well. I can already see what would go in there.

The kitchen is amazing. It is bigger than the living room. There is a white island table in the middle with stove burners built into it. There is white countertops lining the perimeter of the room, occasionally leaving empty spots for a refrigerator and dish washer. There are so many cabinets and spots for everything you need.

"This would be your room" Sarah says as she opens white double doors on the first floor in the back of the hallway.

The room is huge too! It has a massive window on the far left wall. It has two walk in closets. It has a big bathroom with a big shower that could fit five people.

Looking out the back door, I see a in ground pool that has a built in deck and a hot tub.

We go upstairs and I find out that there are two more bathrooms up there. There are three rooms as well. I will probably have one room be the baby's, another one be a play room and the third be a guest room since downstairs there is an office already.

"What do you think?" I ask Sammy as I give her long description of ever room.

She smiles "I love it but it seems like a lot of money, ace"

"How much did you say it was?" I ask

"Two hundred thousand" Sarah answers

"Perfect" I clap my hands together "its perfect for us"

She gives me a look "us?"

"We will talk about that later" I say between gritted teeth. "We'll take it, thank you"

"Ace!" Sammy says

"You like it, don't you? Its perfect for us."

She nods "yeah it is but will we have enough money for everything else?"

"Of course we will" I say "I'll just pay monthly like everyone else does. Or we can just put a down payment on it right now"

"Let's just pay monthly" she says

"Okay" I nod to Sarah "we want it"

"Let me get the paper work"

A few minutes later I have the paper work in my hands.

"We graduate in like three months and she will be eighteen next week" I explain "can we move in like a week after we graduate? We can get all the furniture in the mean time so everything is ready"

"I'm sure we can work that out" she tells me

"Good"

*****

"I want the setting of the baby's room to be pink" Sammy explains "so we can paint the walls pink and have white furniture" she smiles "won't the be so cute?!"

I groan "so you want the crib to be white?" I ask as I examine the cribs in front of us

"Yeah"

"This one is a descent size" I say, looking at one of them "it has that little thing hanging above it that plays music and spins, you know?"

"Aww!"

"The mattress in it feels comfortable" I say, touching it "it has a little holder thing on the side"

"Do you like that one?" She asks

I shrug "yeah, I like it. Its cute" I say "and its only two hundred something dollars"

"Okay let's get it"

I wave a hand to the woman who is following us with a scanner that rings up our things. She rings it up and puts a sticker on the crib.

We pick out a white dresser that has pink butterflies on it. We get a pink car seat. We get a white changing table. We get a pink bouncy seat. We get a pink and white polka dotted diaper bag. I got three bags of ninty count diapers. I buy about thirty pairs of clothes and six pairs of shoes to start out with. We get bottles and pacifiers.

We finally begin to look for things for us. After we get a few things for our room, we go to the bed department.

"I like this one" Sammy says as she snuggles into the bed next to me. "What's it look like?"

"It is white with red pillows" I tell her "kinda cool I think. The headboard is wooden"

"Let's get this one"

"Okay"

We buy a refrigerator and dish washer. We get plates and forks and everything you would need for a kitchen besides the food. We will get food later.

We buy leather couches and a leather love seat. We get a wooden coffee table. We get an entertainment center with a flat screen TV. We buy a dining room table and center peices.

"My feet hurt" Sammy says for the one hundredth time. "And I'm tired"

"You don't think I'm tired too?" I ask

She groans and leans into me

"We're done for now anyway" I say "tomorrow I want to buy a swing set or something for the back yard. I also want to get some chairs for the pool deck and porch."

"I feel bad that I'm not able to pay for any of this" she says

"Don't be. I'm the man so let me do the man's job and that's providing for his family." I tell her

"Thank you for everything"

"No problem"

"But don't get the wrong idea." She says with sass "we are not together and we won't be together. We are just raising a baby together"

I laugh "what? You aren't excited to sleep in the same bed as me every night?"

"Shit" she says with a smile "I thought we bought a fold out couch so you could sleep there"

I laugh "wrong, my dear"

"I'm kidding"

We pay for everything and they tell us that a moving van will arrive at the address of the house around three o' clock next Friday.

"Its been a hell of a day" I groan

"Sure has" she agrees