Never been better

ACE'S POV

Johnny dances towards me when he sees me in the hallway the day after I became Zachary's employee.

"Damn!" He says "look at you!" He gives me a once over

I wear my white suit, my hands are in my pockets and I have a cigarette between my lips.

"Who are you workin for?" He asks and then smiles broadly "you workin for Zachary aren't you?" He asks

I shrug and take the cigarette between my fingers

"Yeah you are!" He says "your doin the damn thang aren't you?!" He nods his head "I'm proud of you!"

I grin and put out my cigarette against the locker next to me that belongs to I don't know who.

"I hears about what happened Saturday" he says with a laugh "you beat that boy's ASS! Bruh, I saw him in the hall earlier" he shakes his head, still laughing "for goodness sakes! Well for goodness sakes! That boy didn't even look like himself"

I shrug again as if to say what can I say? I'm good like that.

Sammy finally comes back to class that day.

"Hey" I say to her, as I sit down in the seat in front of her

"I have nothing to say to you, ace miller" she says with a straight face

I roll my eyes "I'm not here to fucking talk about you and me. I'm here to talk about the baby so squash that other shit your harpin on"

She makes a face "what about the baby?"

"I have three thousand dollars in a savings account for the baby so far" I tell her "so as soon as you find out what the baby is, we can go shopping for the clothes and stuff for it. I'll have more money by that time so we won't have to worry"

"How the hell did you get three thousand dollars in two days?"

"It doesn't matter" I say

"Yes it does!" She raises her voice

"I got you the fucking money didn't I?!" I raise my voice too, attracting attention from all around us "we have what we need so why the fuck does it matter how I got the money?"

She crosses her arms over her chest "whatever. I'll tell you what the baby is when that time comes. And you won't be there for when I do find out"

I stand up and shove me desk, sending it all the way across the room"shut the fuck up!" I yell, leaning over her desk. She inches away, feeling me near "you'd better tell me when that fucking doctors appointment is, Sammy."

"Or what?" She chokes out

"Or pretty boy Blake won't ever be around" I say quietly

She swallows "why are you being so mean?"

I don't know I want to say but nothing comes out.

"Ace Miller to the office!" The teacher bellows

I push away from Sammy and walk towards the door.

"He is sexy when he is angry" a girl says as I walk past

I grin to myself

****

I straighten out my jacket and brush off the invisible lent from my sleeves.

"You were a straight A student" the principle tells me as he sits behind his desk with me in the chair across from him.

"I'm aware of the grades I used to, and now make" I say

"You seem like you are doing well in the money department" he observes

I grin "I have never been better"

He sighs and looks through a file that I assume is my records "I don't understand what happened between your first day and now"

"You don't have to understand it" I tell him "you just have to record the information and move on. You don't give a fuck about me" I grin "as long as you get paid your happy. I completely understand though." I tell him "as long as I get paid for what I do then I don't give a fuck about the other people"

"And what do you do, Mr. Miller?" He asks

"I believe that what I do is none of your business, Mr. Granger" I squint my eyes at him

He flips through paper work, avoiding eye contact.

"Go ahead and suspend me" I smirk "I would love nothing more than three days off of school"

He shakes his head "I don't want to give you that satisfaction. You have a week of detention every day after school"

I stand up and then glance back at him before leaving "you do know that I can make your life a living hell here at Xavier high" I say " so don't dress warm...it may get real heated around here."